Beta Testers

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Re: Beta Testers

Postby ExLibris » Sat, 10Feb06 07:38

In the 'College Exam - RAGS dating sim' thread it was suggested that a thread be started where people could offer their services as beta testers (and where authors could go to find someone to test their game). So here it is.

I'm willing to beta test games. I have the most experience with TADS, but I also know something about Inform, ADRIFT and RAGS. I don't have much previous gametesting experience, but I have done a fair amount of proof-reading/editorial work.
ExLibris
legend of the South Seas

sex: Female

Postby blaman » Sat, 10Feb06 13:17

I have NO experience in TADS/RAGS/ADRIFT or anything like this ;) which actually makes me a good tester too :P after all good testers are often those that have no knowledge of the underlying system :)

other than that - Im a game designer/developer/programmer so I deal with beta testing a lot (from the other side)
blaman
lagoon predator

Postby killerlaq » Sat, 10Feb06 21:27

i fiddled around the rags engine before and i'm used to betatest stuff, so i could be of some help.
killerlaq
great white shark

Postby sharkfan » Sat, 10Feb06 22:42

I know very little about RAGS and ADRIFT but I was a software tester for a couple of years. I helped Beta Pusso's last two games. [img]smile/!hinhin.gif[/img] I am working a ton right now but I would be willing to beta some stuff in my free time.
sharkfan
star of the reef

Postby roberttx » Sat, 10Feb06 22:45

I've played enough rags games to get very frustrated with them. I could beta test from a klutz's point of view.
roberttx
lagoon predator

Postby styler » Sun, 10Feb07 15:04

I have beta tested more conventional software. I am familiar with RAGS and could try to get up to speed on the others. I would be happy to add my two cents worth.
styler
sirens hunter

Postby Tjommi » Tue, 10Feb23 17:59

I got no experience as a beta tester, but I am willing to help out if needed. Allthough I have no experience as a beta tester, I am an experienced gamers with an uncanny knack for ending up in hopeless situations and in that way discover strange bugs and errors. I got my first computer in 1984, a Commodore 64 and have been a gamer ever since. I have no idea how many games I have played, but I have allways had sources around the scene that have supplied me with the latest games, and with the arrival of internet I have become quite the bloodhound when it comes to tracking down games myself. I imagine that I have played more games than most, and think that because of this I might be able to contribute with something. If you want my perspective on your projects, either to find bugs or even basic reviews and thoughs around the game settings, gameplay or ideas I am happy to offer my help. I promise a very subjective honest review where I will be blunt but polite with constructive critisism.
Tjommi
star of the reef

Postby Zhuge » Wed, 10Feb24 22:53

I have a good deal of experience with TADS, ADRIFT and RAGS. Please send me a PM if you would like me to beta test for you.

Thanks!
Zhuge
Pilot fish

Postby moonkee » Fri, 10Feb26 21:42

I have no experience in Beta testing, but I do have a VERY good working knowledge of the English language, and am also an avid gamer...
I've been playing (and been hooked) on rags, adrift and tads games for about a year now. I have a working knowledge of PLAYING the games from these drivers and willing to offer assistance where needed. Private message me if my assistance is needed.
moonkee
great white shark

Postby petuchi10 » Mon, 10Mar08 09:42

I'm an experienced gamer in ADRIFT and TADS and have also beta-tested games for an adult gamer website called Games of Desire, so I think I would qualify in this capacity. PM me if you would desire my beta-testing services.
petuchi10
great white shark

Postby cheese101 » Tue, 10Sep14 02:07

pure gamer,but have beta tested once or twice,if people want i could beta test as well
cheese101
star of the reef

Postby petuchi10 » Tue, 10Sep14 06:00

petuchi10 wrote : I'm an experienced gamer in ADRIFT and TADS and have also beta-tested games for an adult gamer website called Games of Desire, so I think I would qualify in this capacity. PM me if you would desire my beta-testing services.

Edit: In addition to my already listed accumen, I'm now an experienced RAGS game beta-tester. Again, as listed above, please PM me if you desire my beta-testing services.
petuchi10
great white shark

Return to Projects