Suggestion for different Virtual Date game

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Re: Suggestion for different Virtual Date game

Postby coder » Mon, 10Sep20 23:56

I was reading this post yesterday and I had an idea.

Two people can say the same thing and you will react differently, because of the person who says it. Let's take a random example. Suppose you're a sports fan and you favor a specific club. Last night they played and they lost, because they were bad. If another fan of the same club comes to you and says they sucked yesterday, like they did the whole season you'll agree and maybe laugh about it together. If a fan of a rivalling club says the same, you'll probably go bash his club or tell him about all the the times your club won from his.

You could use something similar in a game like this.

Suppose you have a couple of scenes where you can go to and in of those scenes you can say "I would like to smear honey all over your body and lick it off". If she perceives you as a kinky/sexy man, she would react positive to that statement, otherwise she would slap you in the face.

You could use stats in the background to track how you are perceived. A technique similar to the stats in flash date-sims, but there it's just about raising your stats. This would be more like choosing different answers will determine different paths.

Suppose you have a romantic, a kinky and a funny reply. And all through the game you've chosen the romantic approach and at the end you choose a really rude kinky one. This will not go well. If you've choosen more of the funny replies, she'll think you make a joke and give a possitive reply. If you're the kinky type, she might follow your rude suggestion.

This would not make the game random, but will give better replay value, because you can build the way you are perceived in all scenes and you can unlock new stuff in the scenes.
coder
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby lol123 » Tue, 10Sep21 01:35

Hey everyone i'm new to this website. But i think that we should a game for the guys and make one about lesbians. I'm just saying because it's usually guys that plays these games, so most of them are usually interested in lesbians and stuff so we should make a story about lesbian dating. But we should keep the main theme like the other virtual date games but this time a girl on girl theme. I'm just making suggestions, I wish that i could make these games but I'm using a macintosh based computer. ( apple based computer) so i can't make a game:
lol123
Pilot fish

Postby phreaky » Tue, 10Sep21 17:14

Currently I'm in the middle of a project which is alittle bit different than the usual vd

Onstead of playing a guy, we play as the girl

But I think it wouldn't be interesting to make the images as first pov because who wants to see guys all the time in their screen, since I know majority players of this kind of game is guys

So, the images still contain the girl we play, and we control her actions and what she says to other persons

The goal is to make the mood of the girl we play go up and to tweak the circumstances to finally reaching sex scenes
So far I'm about halfway, but to be honest it's quite tricky and I don't know whether it could work or not at the end :D

I'll just go on though, this is more like an experiment
phreaky
lagoon predator

Postby tlaero » Wed, 10Sep22 10:57

Coder, your idea is interesting. If she sees you as funny, she'll start laughing at things she would otherwise slap you for. If she sees you as romantic, she might interpret fairly benign stuff as romantic and fall more for you. Etc.

Of course, it's more work to code the possibilities, but it's definitely something worth thinking about. I would like to see the characterization of the chacters improved. This is one avenue for that.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby pH Cockatrice » Thu, 11Aug25 01:33

Hi, I'm new.

I have had the idea for a while of doing a code-heavy sim with multiple hidden stats modified by the player's actions (and maybe random events in a longer game).

coder's suggestion of creating expectation through the player's behavior is one I had not thought of, & wonder about using.

As to the original post: I don't mind some randomness of response if it isn't shutting you out of the game. Having something go a bit longer or a bit quicker, or getting grace points against future mistakes, might be OK.

But at that point I think you probably should mention to the player that this is not a puzzle with consistent results, but a messier "fuzzy" sim. A fuzzy sim is one thing I'm considering, but I'm not sure I have the patience to code it.
pH Cockatrice
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Previous

Return to Projects