Re: (Yet another) Dating type game "Getting to Know Brenda"

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Re: (Yet another) Dating type game "Getting to Know Brenda&

Postby cheese101 » Tue, 10Jul27 18:32

same here! :P
i just downloaded it,and noticed the first date has become much harder...
not really giving anything away,but just in case(to cover my ass :P ),watch out for spoilers

think there is a little bug when she is on the couch the second time,because when i finally finished(took ages to find the right combinations),it completely skipped me asking her out on a second date,it just went from kiss to leaving...

edit: glitch #2,at lake scene in date 2,the picture didn't load at all...pity
same problem in the garden,and in the desert until the first picture is taken,then it works again
again in the bedroom at start of date 3...and in the shop,and in the diner(when reserving place)
tiny boxes to click in the pharmacy,and diner

on the upside,good graphics and all the important bits can be seen,just need to fix the small glitches please :P
cheese101
star of the reef

Postby LRM » Tue, 10Jul27 23:09

@Cugel
I also missed the new date posting. Perhaps a quick post to the end of this thread would be helpful. It is downloading as I type.
L
Got Wood?
LRM

sex: Masculine

Postby Felix » Tue, 10Jul27 23:20

Well I didn't realise it either, downloading and testing now.
Felix Atagong
The ArianeB 7.x Walkthroughs at
http://arianeb.atagong.com
Felix
lagoon predator

Postby Graen » Tue, 10Jul27 23:21

I downloaded v3 and well... I don't think flash files were meant to be that large. Neither of my browsers can seem to play the file. They're both stuck in what seems to be an endless load. I've tried tricks like forcing the flash to move forward a frame and play to no avail.
Image LoPteam.blogspot.com
Image graenwerks.blogspot.com
Graen
legend of the South Seas

Postby cheese101 » Wed, 10Jul28 05:07

@ Graen,worked for me in firefox,but as I said above,it is veeeery glitchy
cheese101
star of the reef

Postby LRM » Wed, 10Jul28 07:18

@Graen
The top one did nothing on my XP.
The second played without a hitch.

@Cugel
I saw one case where the text and Speaker's boxes are out of phase. Millinery clerk and Player I think; my concentration was else where. If there are other flaws I missed them.
You did a very good job of concealing necessary items. The order of dinner items slowed me down a bit; kudos we do not have to restart. The graphics and story line are quite good. Thank you far sharing her with us.
I read this is your last foray into this game...Pity...Thank You for creating and sharing her with us. The dance is a fine finishing touch.
L
Got Wood?
LRM

Postby tlaero » Wed, 10Jul28 12:41

Hey Cugel,

I also didn't realize you had released a new version. It's great that you updated the first page with the newest version. It's also good to put a note at the end saying that you had done so.

I'm having the same problem as Graen did. I downloaded the swf version. When I load it in my browser I just get 5 lowercase 'o' characters going across in a loading loop. I've let it sit for a while and it doesn't seem to be loading.

I wonder if flash is unhappy with such a large file. If so, maybe you could split the dates into separate swf files.

Another possibility is that it's trying to load one of the images in media and not finding it. I wonder if flash would give some sort of error to the user or just spin like it appears to be doing.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby Arnulf » Wed, 10Jul28 13:52

Hi, Cugel, I highly apprectate the new version of Brenda! If I looked quite well, I downloaded the flash-version without any problems, but I couldn't find the other version?! I think, there must be some problems with the download! But I am very sure (tlaero!) that the problems haven't to do with the file-size.

All in all another great game! Naturally we all are very curious about the 4th part![img]smile/pouceup.gif[/img][img]smile/fuck.gif[/img]
Arnulf
Master of the skies and the waves

Postby Son-of-Odin » Wed, 10Jul28 14:08

Arnulf wrote : Hi, Cugel, I highly apprectate the new version of Brenda! If I looked quite well, I downloaded the flash-version without any problems, but I couldn't find the other version?! I think, there must be some problems with the download! But I am very sure (tlaero!) that the problems haven't to do with the file-size.

All in all another great game! Naturally we all are very curious about the 4th part![img]smile/pouceup.gif[/img][img]smile/fuck.gif[/img]

Hey Mr. Cugel [img]smile/tracker.gif[/img]
I´ve downloaded the Windows version and it works very fine. With this game you´ve done a very, very awesome and great work. Congrats and chapeau. I´m really feeling sad when i think about that there will be no more date [img]smile/pcrying.gif[/img] Or am I wrong? I really, really hope so.
But if you deside to create another game, so please fell free to pm me for testing it.
All in all thanks for this great pleasure.[img]smile/thumb.gif[/img]
Son-of-Odin
star of the reef

Postby Rikwar » Wed, 10Jul28 14:27

Just noticed Cugel's new version also, judging by others that the swf version isn't working right, will give as LRM mentioned the 'exe' a try instead 'if thats what he meant by the second one !

Thanks again Cugel and do hope that this isn't the last date or game you create [img]smile/thumb.gif[/img]
The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it
Rikwar
Great Master of corals

Postby Squeeky » Wed, 10Jul28 15:57

I found that the swf one wanted to call up adobe for some reason. Was it because it need to use Adobe Flash Player at a higher version than my ME OS wants to run? Tomorrow I'll see what happens on a laptop using XP Home.
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby Bonhomie » Wed, 10Jul28 16:07

I got the winproj one to run in ADobe Flashplayer and it worked fine.

Really like the new developments Cugel.
Brenda is hot, and some of the end shot graphics are great.

Possibly could have had more on screen hot points in the sex scenes at the end, triggering the motion stuff.

I hope you do other works in the future.

Thank You
Bonhomie
Games Master

Postby Rikwar » Wed, 10Jul28 18:00

Squeeky wrote : I found that the swf one wanted to call up adobe for some reason. Was it because it need to use Adobe Flash Player at a higher version than my ME OS wants to run? Tomorrow I'll see what happens on a laptop using XP Home.

Its quite possible Squeeky, I have no idea what version of flash player your using with ME, but the last version compatible is 9, doesn't work with version 10, although I dont think you would need this version ?
Here's the link for info and flash player 9 from Adobe
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/406/kb406791.html

[img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img]
The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it
Rikwar
Great Master of corals

Postby Graen » Wed, 10Jul28 21:48

Squeeky wrote : I found that the swf one wanted to call up adobe for some reason. Was it because it need to use Adobe Flash Player at a higher version than my ME OS wants to run? Tomorrow I'll see what happens on a laptop using XP Home.
Off Topic: Someone is still using Windows ME!? [img]smile/eek.gif[/img]

On Topic: The .exe version works great, I really enjoyed the new animations. My machine is a little slow so there was some stuttering but, again, the new chapter was done really well.
Image LoPteam.blogspot.com
Image graenwerks.blogspot.com
Graen
legend of the South Seas

Postby Squeeky » Thu, 10Jul29 03:02

Rikwar wrote :
Its quite possible Squeeky, I have no idea what version of flash player your using with ME, but the last version compatible is 9, doesn't work with version 10, although I dont think you would need this version ?
Here's the link for info and flash player 9 from Adobe
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/406/kb406791.html

[img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img]

The laptop is running 10.

@Graen I seem to have fewer problems with ME than XP Home!! For some reason the laptop processes seem hampered (even after I reinstall, which I'm about to do again).

My real problem with ME however is that my last commercial AV provider, like so many, no longer supports it! I've found some GNU AV and AntiSpyware but the AS-ware is only good for removing not blocking!
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

PreviousNext

Return to Projects