messiahStudio

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Re: messiahStudio

Postby Craban » Sat, 11Feb12 23:24

Does anybody know this product? How does that compare to DAZ Studio?
They currently run a special offer at projectmessiah but to be honest I never heard of it before.
Craban
star of the reef

sex: Masculine

Postby Greebo » Sun, 11Feb13 00:03

Craban wrote : Does anybody know this product? How does that compare to DAZ Studio?
They currently run a special offer at projectmessiah but to be honest I never heard of it before.

Special offer? $499 for the Basic and $599 for the Pro? I'd have to be sure of the software package before venturing that much!

It looks as though it's more an animation and rendering package than a modelling and rendering one, so it serves a different purpose to DAZ Studio
“Anyone who believes what a cat tells him deserves all he gets.”
― Neil Gaiman
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby Craban » Sun, 11Feb13 00:29

The special offer is $10 (basic) and $40 (pro) at http://www.projectmessiah.com/x6/shop.html

I watched some videos meanwhile and I guess you're right. It seems to be pretty good in animation.
Craban
star of the reef

Postby Greebo » Sun, 11Feb13 00:57

Coo! That sort of special offer is rather interesting - and I see they've even considered us Linux folk with a Linux/WINE version
― Neil Gaiman
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby Squeeky » Sun, 11Feb13 04:07

Craban wrote : The special offer is $10 (basic) and $40 (pro) at http://www.projectmessiah.com/x6/shop.html

I watched some videos meanwhile and I guess you're right. It seems to be pretty good in animation.

Yes, that does look quite interesting. For such an expense I think I am justified in part of the quota; I just might be able to develop skills within this genre.

Just a word of caution, read the fine print closely. There is nothing there that should arouse concern but there are some conditions surrounding this, they shouldn't be too hard to bear.
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby Bunny the Veggie Slayer » Sun, 11Feb13 05:47

A lot of the folks on the DAZ forums seem interested. From what I've read if they dont reach their target everybody gets their money refunded. I signed up 2 days ago, when it was just below the half-way mark. Now it's over 90% there. Even if you just go for basic $10? Worth a shot in my opinion.
Bunny the Veggie Slayer
great white shark

Postby Greebo » Sun, 11Feb13 19:04

Well, I've signed up for Pro now - I think it's worth risking at $40 and could be worth playing with in conjunction with Daz3D. Let's hope their 'viral selling' pays off.
― Neil Gaiman
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby Craban » Sun, 11Feb13 19:08

Yes, I did the same and for the same reason ;)
Currently their progress bar shows 88% but they don't tell how long it will run. My guess is though they won't stop it now that it's nearly done and left the time period undisclosed for that reason.
Craban
star of the reef

Postby Squeeky » Tue, 11Feb15 11:02

I just visited the page.

The quota has been reached (Valentine's Day!! Seems a bit odd. Am I being a little cynical about the finalisation date?) check the stats and the fine print re the posting of licences, etc.

I'm waiting to receive my directions anyway!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby Squeeky » Mon, 11Feb21 06:13

GOOD NEWS!!!

If you registered for the messiahStudio offer you should have received an email!! [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img]

I've managed to get mine up and installed. All I know at this stage is that I have a blank studio with a camera that I can move!

Um. It take a bit of effort, some errors on the way, like the email link didn't agree with password sent to me, might have been because I copied and pasted a possible space.

Anyway, it's time to play [after a meal]! [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Return to Projects