Money Talks Game (was:First time playing around in DAZ and F

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Re: Money Talks Game (was:First time playing around in DAZ and F

Postby cpt_hook » Tue, 11Feb22 07:42

Went back to give 10 another shot, and ended up with 21! Excellent stuff.
cpt_hook
great white shark

Postby Norse Graphics » Tue, 11Feb22 23:32

Craban wrote : Now the third victim is there.

Note that I could not finish the scene as I wanted to due to DAZ problems crashing as mentioned above.
I tried to get the best of the material I rendered but there should have been some more action with the shopping girl.

For your convenience here is the link again: http://secretpaste.org/flash/

Make sure the build number (lower right corner) reads 143. I was trapped by a caching problem myself.

As always feedback, bug reporting and proofreading is highly welcomed.

What version of DS are you using? 64 or 32-bit?

I'm currently using 3.1.2.24, 32-bit on my laptop and 64-bit on my main 3D machine. And it's pretty stable.

BTW, the log-file is here:

C:UsersYour NameAppDataRoamingDAZ 3DStudio3

I'm using Vista on both, btw. If you can't find the file, do a search for "log.txt".
Norse Graphics
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Postby Craban » Wed, 11Feb23 00:02

I used that version as well and in 32bit on windows 7 64bit. Then I updated to 3.1.2.31 but the problem reading the scene is still there. It's a known issue - I found several bug reports and it's not even new.
The log file was of no help as the last entry was just saying it will load the scene. The error message points to dzcore.dll and a functon of DzNode::getNumNodeChildren so I assume the internal structure of the daz file got corrupt and the program is not properly checking the node (= lazy coding). [img]kator/smiley52.gif[/img]

Edit: spelling of the function
Craban
star of the reef

Postby marlb0r0 » Wed, 11Feb23 22:17

Hi, I did check out your game, and a pretty nice one at that...
I hav a little suggestion, I think the real task is to find the correct place to click rather than finding the correct thing to say...
I think it should be a mixture of that...
I find myself dragging my mouse all over the screen like a buffoon and staring that the text to change so I know that I can continue on...

All an all a pretty good game based on the 'reality' fad that has jolted the adult film industry...
[img]smile/thumb.gif[/img]
marlb0r0
Pilot fish

Postby Craban » Wed, 11Feb23 22:26

I had similar thoughts and started to put that in place by the money icons. There are more situations where such kind of interface may make sense.
Thanks for your feedback, I really appreciate that.

Edit: it has been loaded 1098 times - wow. :-) I hope I get my DAZ and scene fixed soon to finish it.
Craban
star of the reef

Postby marlb0r0 » Wed, 11Feb23 22:33

My pleasure... The place specifically with the first brunette in the park and with the hot dog girl... I've kinda gone all the way with the shop girl, but thats abt it...
marlb0r0
Pilot fish

Postby Craban » Wed, 11Feb23 22:48

As long as I have to wait let me ask you all: Is the language a barrier? I still wonder whether I should spend the effort and offer different languages.
Craban
star of the reef

Postby Aces » Wed, 11Feb23 23:01

Personally, I think you should focus more on adding more content/scenes first, then worry about multiple languages.

Bearing in mind it's biased as English is my native language. Though most people on here seem to know English anyways so maybe it's not as much a problem?

This is all relative though, as it would depend how long it takes to get your software fixed.
Aces
sirens hunter

Postby marlb0r0 » Wed, 11Feb23 23:58

Man help me out... I'm stuck... Image
marlb0r0
Pilot fish

Postby okimaon1 » Thu, 11Feb24 16:51

Craban wrote : As long as I have to wait let me ask you all: Is the language a barrier? I still wonder whether I should spend the effort and offer different languages.

In my opnion language is a problem if it's really bad. I also think you should invest in the scenes and content right now.
okimaon1
great white shark

Postby Tjommi » Thu, 11Feb24 18:36

Very interesting project you got going here Craban. I am impressed. The setting you have chosen for the game make you able to continue as long as you want, to either build a large game or make episode installments. The language is good enough for us that don't speak english as first language, but if you want it perfect, I am sure there are people around with english as their native tongue that are willing to help. There is one thing that is mentioned earlier that I to would really like to see. I would like to see the cursor change when it comes over a hotspot. Perhaps you can change the hand from a pointing hand to a hand that give you a thumb up.

If you have ever watched bangbros production or the series where people walk around and find pretty girls in Praha, you discover that people that seem reasonable shy and modest and prudish are willing to do the most amazing and crazy things when enough money comes into the picture. Raise the total cash reserve to $5000-$10000 (you will earn way more through our paysite that off course is made impossible to save or download from to secure your shots and movies, at least in the beginning,when people see the crazy stuff that the girls do.)

Add a dumpster to the corner where the girl in the park retire to, and you got enough cover for the girl to go really crazy, and do some really interesting stuff, perhaps even go all the way with mike.

The hotdog girl got more potentional as well. Mike can join you in the back and go into the stall and do many interesting things to the girl out of view from any customers that might stop by to buy hotdogs.

The shopping girl scenoario is just fine for now, as it's not finished.

I am impressed with your creativity, and I had no idea you were such a skilled graphic artist as well. If I might be so bold and request that one of your next victoms got some more meat on them and got some seriously huge knockers.

Keep up the good work and I am looking forward see what you do next.
Tjommi
star of the reef

Postby Craban » Thu, 11Feb24 22:21

Thanks for your feedback and kind words. As for the language I hope nobody hesitates to suggest better wording or correct me. English is not my first language and I decided to do it in English for a broader feedback. Whether a final version will get some translations is not sure yet.
For the hotdog girl I really had some more plans but then found out that the stall is way too small. As I cannot continue with the shopping girl for the moment I've created some more renders with Simone (aka hotdog girl) which should find their way to the game soon. Lucia will be back as well - maybe in a next episode or an additional scene.
Craban
star of the reef

Postby Squeeky » Fri, 11Feb25 01:26

Craban wrote : Thanks for your feedback and kind words. As for the language I hope nobody hesitates to suggest better wording or correct me. English is not my first language and I decided to do it in English for a broader feedback. Whether a final version will get some translations is not sure yet.
For the hotdog girl I really had some more plans but then found out that the stall is way too small. As I cannot continue with the shopping girl for the moment I've created some more renders with Simone (aka hotdog girl) which should find their way to the game soon. Lucia will be back as well - maybe in a next episode or an additional scene.

Craban, I was not unduly stress out with your English but I'll take a look for you later today and PM.
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby Tjommi » Fri, 11Feb25 14:19

And Craban, please do something about the cursor and the hotspots :)
Tjommi
star of the reef

Postby Squeeky » Fri, 11Feb25 14:24

Today has not quite gone to plan, it's been a muddle attending to appointments re a home installation, trying to provide info for a granddaughters' welfare and testing a computer program of my own (I'm certain my result is correct countermanding that proposed by an author on a puzzle site).

I've have a couple of small issues and so far found 2 pics of which I was unaware, I haven't forgotten you.
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

PreviousNext

Return to Projects