Money Talks Game (was:First time playing around in DAZ and F

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Re: Money Talks Game (was:First time playing around in DAZ and F

Postby Craban » Mon, 11Jan10 00:23

Well, the subject says it all. I tried to put the renders into something that may become a game someday.

As I was tired of typing all the code I started to build a visual game creator and the thing below is what I'm using for tests.

This is what I have so far:
http://secretpaste.org/flash/index.html

Edit: Changed link to a more generic page.
Craban
star of the reef

sex: Masculine

Postby Squeeky » Mon, 11Jan10 01:46

I found a girl, but the action didn't seem to go anywhere.

Then I find that I may have missed something. Ok, a red bag matches, but I still miss something.

For an experiment this is not as superficial as it appears. I got to go back and check her out.

I hope that you feel encouraged with your sojourn into this active, all the best.
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby Graen » Mon, 11Jan10 02:00

The interface seems okay, eventually I got her to show me her "bra" but that was after many tries. Honestly, pixel hunting games are rather annoying, especially when one mistake sends you all the way back to the beginning of the game.

The character models are okay, if not a little bit plastic looking, but that would probably be more of a lighting and texture issue.

I am curious to see what you'll show us next though.
Image LoPteam.blogspot.com
Image graenwerks.blogspot.com
Graen
legend of the South Seas

Postby shark » Mon, 11Jan10 02:43

Promising... I like the graphics and coding is ok (of course, Craban is not a beginner) . The gameplay is a little hard. To start again after each error is a little boring. But I like very much
I would have much liked to see her bra...
I am astonished by the weight of the file: 16364 KB for 26 pictures ! maybe need for compression.

Seems that we will have new good games...
shark
Site Admin

Postby Craban » Mon, 11Jan10 05:09

Thanks for testing and your valuable feedback.

The swf is now at a more reasonable size and I'll add some interface and gameplay experiments in the next days. Ultimately we can have a kind of poll on the UI method ;-)
Craban
star of the reef

Postby Squeeky » Mon, 11Jan10 08:46

Ok. I'm relooking at those newly posted versions.

Certainly the download size is much better.
I'm trying to understand what some of your comments about each "build" mean. I grasp the pixel map co-ords and see an "*" appear/disappear as to being a clue for the hotspots.

Then there is the change of hand from "point" to "grasp/clutch".

I thought that from Graen's comment that I would actually see her bra, but Shark seems to imply that what Graen meant was that she would be complicit over in a more secluded place.

While I do realise that there are some "bad" ending locations, there are some places where more than one "good" choice hotspot is available to accomplish the same thing. Do I need to advise on those, or is the work sufficiently easy that you can go and locate them?

As the the graphics, and I am far from an expert in this, when the girl first appears she doesn't quite seem to be part of the scene, or rather, she looks as though she is like a ghost/angel having appeared out of mid-air. Well, that she does, but she doesn't seem to actually be standing on the path if that makes the thought clearer. I know it's a small element but maybe her shadow, lighting or something would make her appearance more credible, especially if this is to develop beyond an exercise of experiment.

Back to thinking more on this. Efforts appreciated.
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby Craban » Mon, 11Jan10 11:04

At least up to this stage you cannot skip a "good point" without noticing. This will change in the next part where you're going to collect "good shots".

Disregard the "*" - this is only in the debug version I use to double-check the hotspot reagions. The version 3 is offered without this debug setting.

And regarding the graphics: Yes, it looks unnatural and that's why I decided to let her go to a less public area ;-) This scene is so simple in that it uses a backdrop image and the girl. Obviously you cannot move the camera around without noticing that the background is just a picture. For everything more than this experiment I have to use a 3d background and the next scene will include that.
Craban
star of the reef

Postby Son-of-Odin » Mon, 11Jan10 11:06

Hi Craban,
I think this is an interesting and...for me, very good... start. I hope you´ll go on with your work and we can see more of this beauty. I´m very curious how you will go further.
Son-of-Odin
star of the reef

Postby MARYNOM » Mon, 11Jan10 13:34

nice game but can't find a thing after she flash panties :( XD
by the way i didn't saw additional text in third version.
MARYNOM
great white shark

Postby Craban » Mon, 11Jan10 21:39

I had the link for v3 point to the wrong version on the server. This is fixed now.
Craban
star of the reef

Postby Squeeky » Tue, 11Jan11 03:13

This is one of the things that I was meaning, I think there was something else too:

A:
Mike: No kidding i guess the color of your pants and it's....
Click her face: Err, Wrong!

B:
Mike: No kidding i guess the color of your pants and it's....
Click low to get: ... black!
Click her face: Err, Wrong!

It is possible to skip the guess.
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby Greebo » Tue, 11Jan11 05:23

So far I have only got any distance with the girl getting her to play the game, I have only been able to use green or black when red always seems to be the colour of her panties - I don't seem to be able to focus on anything red to prime my 'voice'. Her handbag doesn't appear to register for this purpose, nor do any of the apparently red objects in the image!
“Anyone who believes what a cat tells him deserves all he gets.”
― Neil Gaiman
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby Craban » Tue, 11Jan11 05:46

The color guessing is still incomplete and you're right you can even skip that step. It's also correct that you will always loose the guess (you cannot guess red yet and there is no randomizing).

But is the interface more connvenient now with the explicit hints? On a "bad end" you're sent back to the beginning of the scene instead of the beginning of the game.
I feel it's very easy now - you cannot really loose and getting stuck is - well - almost impossible. Though the fun should start with the next scene when you're supposed to start the hunting :) so I'm fine with this interface if the majority is.
Craban
star of the reef

Postby Rikwar » Tue, 11Jan11 14:47

After playing the last version 'v3' personally I do feel it makes sense not having red as a choice for the panties, which gives a reason to ask her too prove shes not lying, got to the bra part asked her another 'question' got to the last option 'about the bra' going somewhere less public so she can prove it got 'to be continued' damn [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img]

There's a spelling error at the beginning which means two different things...Sweet instead of Sweat

Looking forward to whats to be continued !

Thanks Craban ;)
The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it
Rikwar
Great Master of corals

Postby Squeeky » Tue, 11Jan11 14:53

How generous do you intend to be with the hints?

If you're going to allow the hand to change when a response (good/bad) can be made, may be in many case the actual dialogue should allude to that. Sure, some such explicit hints may be needed I wouldn't dismiss that thought.

Overall I think the interface is workable and will look forward to what have to deliver next.
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Next

Return to Projects