BEW - Ongoing Dev Thread (DAZ Artists Still Wanted)

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

How would you prefer to see BEW released?

Poll ended at Sun, 15Feb15 09:41

Original release schedule including Bar and Strip Club date venues and associated Act 1 love interests.
20%
Move strip club Venue and love interesto, including associated Faith and Emily paths to the first expansion, to be released after Act 3.
15%
Release in Episodes, with the current Demo as Episode 1. Asking the community to Vote for which content they'd like to see first for the next Episode.
63%
Do something else.
2%

Total votes : 41

Re: Work in Progress - BEW

Postby UncleD » Sun, 14Jul20 18:14

Wow. Just finished this and was a ton of fun. I can't wait to see what awaits in Day 2.
UncleD
Pilot fish

sex: Masculine

Postby Wolfschadowe » Sun, 14Jul20 18:16

Thanks UncleD!

I'm glad you enjoyed it!

If you don't know already, there are multiple endings!

Wolfschadowe
Wolfschadowe
legend of the South Seas

Postby syramore » Mon, 14Jul21 15:09

Really fantastic stuff... Registered just so I could post and let you know...

Can't wait to see more..
syramore
Pilot fish

Postby Wolfschadowe » Mon, 14Jul21 16:00

Thanks Syramore! I really appreciate it.

Wolfschadowe
Wolfschadowe
legend of the South Seas

Postby Wolfschadowe » Tue, 14Jul29 01:44

From the Status post:

Wolfschadowe wrote:It’s amazing how much time can be taken up by family during the summer months. Not that I’m complaining much, but it is difficult to get a lot of work done on an AIF game during the summer breaks in my situation. Anyway, work has progressed slower than I would have liked this month, but I’ve still been making steady progress. The main impact has been rendering time, but I expect that to loosen up next week and I’ll be back up to speed on that. On a brighter side, I had an epiphany and was able to finish storyboarding the campus scene that I had pushed back. I also have the Day 1 and Day2 Bonus scenes fully storyboarded as well. I also have more of the day 2 Bar scene storyboarded as well. I’m pretty happy with how it’s coming together. Once the bar scene ends and the day splits out to the Act I endings for the day, it should go a lot quicker. The endings are all pretty linear once you get to them, and either will finish successfully, or fail out relatively quickly without much branching. The same is true for the endings associated with the Strip Club branches. The Act I endings will all come together for the Day 3 morning. Act II will begin with Day 3 afternoon.

Also, for those playing the demo, and who are interested, a list of available achievements (Note, some may be bugged in the alpha/demo)
Wednesday
* Hard Day - Completed all scenes in day 1.
* Survived Humpday - Played through day 1 once.
* Humpday Hooligan - Master day 1

Wednesday Office
* Workaholic - Find all three major activities.
* Office Regular - Find all four endings
* Office Max - Master the office scene
* A Long Day at the Office - Complete the Wednesday office scene.

Wednesday Bar
* Bar Gamer - Find all 11 major activities.
* Accommodated - Have both Faith and Emily accommodate you at the same time.
* Rewarded - Have Faith reward you for your efforts
* Drunkard - Find all 13 endings
* We Broke Up - Someone surprises you by showing up at the bar.
* Two Faced - As the adage says, get two birds with one stone.
* I Can't Believe I'm Doing This - Everyone has a handful
* Happy Now? - Have Emily dutifully attend to you.
* Rebound - Make out with someone who recently broke up with her boyfriend.
* Barfly - Master the Bar Scene
* Everybody Knows Your Name - Complete the Wednesday Bar scene

Let me know if there's interest/curiosity to seeing teaser achievements/images for other completed scenes.

Wolfschadowe
Wolfschadowe
legend of the South Seas

Postby Comis » Tue, 14Jul29 06:33

Wolfschadowe wrote:From the Status post:

Also, for those playing the demo, and who are interested, a list of available achievements (Note, some may be bugged in the alpha/demo)
Wednesday

Wednesday Office

Wednesday Bar

I have the following achievements:
Wednesday Office--3 of 3 achievements and 100% mastery

Wednesday Bar--10 of 10 achievements and 100% mastery

I have failed to unlock the following achievements:
Wednesday--17 of 26 achievements and 84% mastery

The first and last one make sense, since the strip club has been disabled for the demo, but the second one I should of unlocked. On the other hand, it is possible that it did unlock, but I just don't know where to find it.

Also, concerning my achievements, they vanished out of IE again. I replayed the game using Chrome, and they seem to persist fine with that browser, so it probably something to do with the settings that I have in IE that is causing that issue.

Wolfschadowe wrote:Let me know if there's interest/curiosity to seeing teaser achievements/images for other completed scenes.

Wolfschadowe

Always interested in whatever you're willing to share. This is one of four games in which I'm actually interested enough to track its progress and one of only two in which I do anything other than lurk, so my interest levels are quite high.
Comis
sirens hunter

Postby Wolfschadowe » Tue, 14Jul29 17:26

Comis wrote:The first and last one make sense, since the strip club has been disabled for the demo, but the second one I should of unlocked. On the other hand, it is possible that it did unlock, but I just don't know where to find it.
They're bugged, either in the tracking, or more likely the reporting. Based on the list that you posted as complete, the others should also be unlocked. Congratulations on mastering the Demo.

As a side note, I don't know when we all started calling it a demo as it wasn't really released as such. Just as a reminder, it was released as a proof of concept / early alpha to see if there would be interest, which is why it's so rough and buggy on stuff. One of these days I may take the time to polish it up better and put a pretty little bow on it. :)

Comis wrote:Also, concerning my achievements, they vanished out of IE again. I replayed the game using Chrome, and they seem to persist fine with that browser, so it probably something to do with the settings that I have in IE that is causing that issue.
I'm baffled. All I can think of is if you play a lot of similar games, your browsers local cookie storage may be filling up. If that happens older cookies are deleted to make room for new stuff.

Here is a full list of all achievements currently in the full game. These are formatted similar to the way one would see unearned achievements in, say, an xbox or Steam game, giving hints to how to find them.
Subject to change, and minor spoilers, only scenes close in the pipeline are listed:
Wednesday General
* Humpday Hooligan - Master day 1 - Unlocks Bonus scene

Wednesday Office

Wednesday Bar

Wendesday Club
* Pole Player - Found all 8 major activities
* Anything Goes Above the Waist - Bend the rules during a private dance.
* Candy Caned - Help someone get laid.
* Club Regular - Found all 8 endings.
* This is the On Switch - Find out how to really turn someone on.
* To the Rescue - Someone needs protecting.
* Hell Hath No Fury - Things don't go well when you dis someone's former lover.
* Private Dance Addict - Master the Wednesday Strip Club
* Stiff Poles - Complete the Scrip Club Scene

Wednesday Diner
* Diner for Two - Have Breakfast really early.
* Whine and Dine - Complete all 5 dinner activities
* Breakfast Connoisseur - Find both endings
* Diner Guru - Master the Diner scene
* Breakfast Club - Complete the Diner scene.

Thursday General
* Not Friday Yet - Play through Thursday at least once.
* Still Not Friday Yet - Play through all the Thursday scenes at least once.
* ----------TBD - Master Thursday - Unlocks Bonus scene

Thursday Morning Coffee
* Coffee Grind - Find both major activities
* Coffee Sampler - Find both endings
* Deja Brew - Mention having a strange feeling.
* Greatest Joe - Master the Thursday Coffee scene.
* Coffee Stop - Complete the Thursday Coffee scene at least once.

Thursday Office
* Working Boy - Find all 25 major activities
* Hand Lotion - Help moisturise Emily's hands
* Strong Stomach - Do something, eww...just...eww
* Dedicated Worker - Find all 9 endings
* Handy at the Office - Some skills can't be taught.
* Pissed On - Sometimes it just doesn't go in the loo.
* Office Sex - Why office desks are at that height.
* Sexual Harassment? - Hopefully you won't get sued.
* Office Romance - Master the Thursday Office Scene.
* A Hard Day at the Office - Complete the Thursday Office Scene at least once

Thursday Campus
TBD

Thursday Bar
TBD

Thursday Theatre
TBD

Thursday Strip Club
TBD

General Achievements (earned across multiple scenes and days)
* Beat It! - The game, not...oh never mind.
* Progress Master - Complete every scene at least once.
* -----TBD - Make her wild!
*------TBD - There are benefits to helping lovers reconcile.
*------TBD - save a life, and bring two worlds closer together.
*------TBD - Earn the dedication of the commitment averse.
*------TBD - Tame the wild one.
* Pie Hole - Every Pie needs filling.
* Cream Pies - Harder than you would think.
* Chocolate Cream Pies - Just like Cream Pies, but chocolatier!
* Cream Filling - Especially with Pie!
* Cover My Ass - No...Not guns.
* Face Cream - They say it reverses aging!
* Motion Lotion - Self created! Reduces friction!
* That's Not Mothers Milk - It's mine.
* Cum Covered - Sometimes, everyone just needs a bath.
* Selfless - Sometimes helping can be just as fun.
* Voyeur - Watching can be fun too.
* Cum fountain - It fills every orifice and covers every surface.

*** Game Master - Earned every achievement! - Unlocks Bonus scene

Wolfschadowe
Wolfschadowe
legend of the South Seas

Postby MysteryMan2333 » Wed, 14Jul30 03:25

Wolfschadowe wrote:Let me know if there's interest/curiosity to seeing teaser achievements/images for other completed scenes.

The answer to this is, and always will be, YES! I just played through the demo again and it was bittersweet. Sweet, because it's so great, but bitter because now the wait until the next set of play testing is going to seemingly take forever. On the plus side, seeing some of those new achievements confirms it'll be well worth the wait.

8 years from now when this game is actually completed you'll have the Sistine Chapel of AIF. [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img]
MysteryMan2333
sirens hunter

Postby j95 » Thu, 14Jul31 12:14

MysteryMan2333 wrote:

Hello Wolfschadowe,

Yes, I am extremely keen to see this feature in your absolutely amazing and extensive game.

I am looking forward immensely to my Playtesters slot.

Justin

j95
j95
sirens hunter

Postby Wolfschadowe » Fri, 14Aug01 07:09

Thanks MysteryMan and J95, although keep in mind that flattery will not get you into the playtest faster. lol. [img]images/icones/icon15.gif[/img]

MysteryMan2333 wrote:8 years from now when this game is actually completed you'll have the Sistine Chapel of AIF. [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img]
Ha! I wish. I'm just hoping for equaling maybe the chapel down the street, also known as the local McDonalds.

Thank you all for your continued support!

Wolfschadowe.
Wolfschadowe
legend of the South Seas

Postby Bonhomie » Wed, 14Aug13 11:40

This has great potential.

The compexity reminds me of my first attempts at Ariane, and I have played this one a few hours now, and still don't understand how I got to various places.

Intro is fine.
First time in the office I seem to be getting the points, but it is showing me 3 achievements when I think there should be 4.

The bar I have managed 6/10 and cannot seem to sort the right sequences. I can get the two girls to orgasm, but only the single gratifications from the girls after.

It took some time to get Faith to 'pull up a chair' ;) and I am not quite sure how I got there. I suspect it has something to do with how far you react to mystery girl, and if/when Emily arrives.
To get a threesome though - I haven't got near. I am guessing it relies on a choice before Emily arrives, as I think I have gone through most of the possible combinations.There is one screen where Emily is on your lap and you have 4 choices - quite tricky.
Even using the 'saves' this is quite tricky, and challenging.

Ariane and some of Chaotic's early stuff had the very small hotspots which made them much more interesting - I'm not sure if the subsequent later stuff seems to have got a lot easier because I am used to the patterns or the games are simpler?

Tlaero and Phreaky are still the masters (or mistress ;) ) but this may prove the beginning of something.
Bonhomie
Games Master

Postby Wolfschadowe » Wed, 14Aug13 17:41

Thank you for the feedback Bonhomie! I am glad you enjoyed the game, and also grateful that you took the time to share your observations.
Bonhomie wrote:The complexity reminds me of my first attempts at Ariane, and I have played this one a few hours now, and still don't understand how I got to various places.
Ariane was one of my inspirations for the game. I loved the complexity and replayability, but felt that it came up a little short in telegraphing the impact of choices, so to me, they often felt a little arbitrary. What was great about it was that I felt that I had a larger impact to the story than a lot of other games. You could take Ariane to the same activities and she would behave a little differently there based on how much she had to drink, or what your reputation with her was. It struck me as different because at the time, most other games were very linear and you had to have the exact sequence right and there was only one outcome. Even multiple endings were often limited to a choice of where to go 3/4 of the way through the game.

I doubt BEW will ever live up to the standard of Ariane, or Tlaero/Phreaky for that matter, but I hope to at least get to the bottom of a list containing both. :)
Bonhomie wrote:First time in the office I seem to be getting the points, but it is showing me 3 achievements when I think there should be 4.
There are problems with achievements in the public version, although I think the office achievements are all working fine.
Bonhomie wrote:The bar I have managed 6/10 and cannot seem to sort the right sequences. I can get the two girls to orgasm, but only the single gratifications from the girls after.
Bar achievement reporting is definitely bugged. I'll get around to fixing it eventually, but I've been more focused on building out the full game.
Bonhomie wrote:To get a threesome though - I haven't got near. I am guessing it relies on a choice before Emily arrives, as I think I have gone through most of the possible combinations.There is one screen where Emily is on your lap and you have 4 choices - quite tricky.
Yep. This is the most difficult ending and requires balancing the relationship of both Emily and Faith. Each has their own personality, mood, and relationship with the player/Brad. Also, it is only achievable on Hard difficulty. The recap should give some clues, and also paying attention to story elements and responses on other paths. On top of relationship, there's a reputation system. Key activities will increase your overall reputation making it easier to have a good relationship with others, so it's crucial to balance your overall reputation with individual girl relationships. If a girl is present to witness your actions, it will have an impact on your relationship with every girl present, either positive or negative. Sometimes those choices are mutually exclusive, meaning that relations with one girl will improve while another will reduce. Other times both will improve, or one will improve more than the other. This is probably where you are struggling. To get the threesome scene you have to essentially run a gauntlet of three women.

Hints/borderline spoilers in spoiler on getting the threesome:
The girls have memories about earlier. There are world events that happen "offscreen" that they will react to, such as Emily's breakup. If Emily is still thinking about flirting at the office when it happens, she will kind of seek out Brad by going to his favorite bar hoping to meet up with him. Maybe she will do this whether Brad is there or not, which changes how she acts at the office on day 2. Why not call him? Maybe she doesn't want to actively impose her personal life on her partner, but if she 'happens' to show up and Brad happens to be there, maybe she feels that's ok.

This memory is an important concept for the game. It is reflected different ways in the code that I won't go into here. Also, just because a girl isn't present for something, such as after Emily leaves the bar, it doesn't necessarily mean they won't find out about things later. What if Faith and Emily get to talking in day two and Faith lets it slip that something happened? Will Emily care? How does Faith feel if Brad runs out of the bar chasing one girl, and then a few minutes later, another one shows up at the bar looking for him?

Consider the point of view from the girls along with their personality. BEW is not about scoring points, but about managing relationships. In easy/Medium mode, points are a guideline about how the player is doing on a certain path. That path will determine what the relationship values need to be at certain checkpoints for the girls to take actions, such as if Faith will pull up a chair, or later if she will actually join the fun, or later still, if she and Emily will bring more of the fun to Brad. Oh, and also...Faith and Emily have to like each other enough too... You know, it's not always about Brad. ;)
Bonhomie wrote:Ariane and some of Chaotic's early stuff had the very small hotspots which made them much more interesting
I made a conscious decision to avoid the pixel hunt aspect as much as possible. I want the challenge to be in managing and balancing the relationships within the story rather than scraping every screen with the mouse. For me that breaks my personal enjoyment and story-flow of a game, and I'm building the game I want to play. :) There are still some aspects of it, like spotting the girl through the window, and image hotspots to help add immersion in key places but they should all be sensible.
Bonhomie wrote:Tlaero and Phreaky are still the masters (or mistress ;) )
Agreed! Ariane and the Tlaero/Phreaky games are the inspiration. Ariane for the complexity and Tlaero/Phreaky for the story aspects and better overall erotica.

Thanks for playing the demo!

Wolfschadowe
Wolfschadowe
legend of the South Seas

Postby Bonhomie » Thu, 14Aug14 09:46

Thanks for the reply, and I admire the way you have planned this and what you are trying to achieve. I agree it is more realistic, though with regard to Ariane - I have known women whose behaviour definitely depended on their general mood and alcohol consumption.

I was thinking that my 'progress' depended on the reaction to the mystery girl at the window and what effect it had on Faith. You seem to have a three option reaction - to chase after her, pretend you don't know the hotspot is there, or observe and stay where you are, and flirt with Faith.
I shall have to experiment. :roi:
Bonhomie
Games Master

Postby Wolfschadowe » Thu, 14Aug14 16:23

Bonhomie wrote:...I have known women whose behaviour definitely depended on their general mood and alcohol consumption.
So have I...so have I... fond memories. [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]

Bonhomie wrote:I shall have to experiment. :roi:
Have Fun!

To ensure you have a good start, you can play the office scene in easy mode and make sure you leave the office with Emily's relationship at 10. (E = 10) That is the max for the Office scene.
The Bar scene limits options in Easy and Medium mode, even lockout out some branches so you can use Easy or Medium modes to better learn how Faith and Emily react through the available options to help gauge their personalities. The main purpose of Easy and Medium modes is to act as a hint system (along with the recap scenes) to help better understand game mechanics and aid in getting an idea of how the girls react in preparation for Hard Mode.

A major spoiler/hint regarding the girl in the window for this aspect of the scene if you are still stuck on this section:
Faith knows about the mystery girl through previous conversations with Brad, similar to the way Emily knows about her in the Office scene. (Something that will be clarified through some more narrative in the full game before we get to this point.) I wonder how Faith would feel if she knew you chose her over the mystery girl?

Finally, anyone who is stuck is welcome to PM me their path and I will give hints or outright answers, based on the request. For path, just give unique info about decision points. For example:
I went: Intro - arrived office - hello - ok - dropped - upskirt - match - etc....

Don't bother mentioning pages where there is only one option, of course more detail or feedback about story-points and such is always welcome.

Also, I've been asked in PM a few times if the intro is important to progression. It is not. Once you've played it once to get the story you can safely skip it.

Wolfschadowe
Wolfschadowe
legend of the South Seas

Postby BearsFan » Thu, 14Aug14 17:39

WOW, This is great so far...I'm totally hooked and can't wait for the rest.

Thank you for taking on and doing this immense project
BearsFan
Pilot fish

PreviousNext

Return to Projects