True Love remake Demo

The specific forum for rags games creators

True Love remake Demo

Postby wildride » Sun, 16Oct30 18:57

This is a remake of an older game and done more to gain experience with the Rags Engine before making my own game. I will be working on this in phases and the first phase is complete, this encompasses the first 25 days in the game.

I previously released a version that exposed a few bugs with the 3.0.59 engine, so I went back and redone it for the 3.0.60 engine changing the gameplay significantly to compensate for the buggy navigational controls in this version of rags. It now plays more like the original True Love game, From that older version I have added the first sex scene.

You can download the current version from
Mega or Google
I recommend Rags 3.0.60 for playing.

Please let me know of any bugs that you believe you have encountered, typos, colour formatting (where text stays a colour not reverting to black after someone done talking)

Older Version (pre sex scene) if you wanted to see the differences.
You can download the game from Mega or Googledocs.
Made in Rags 3.0.59 Download Link (Link courtesy of Zigmut) Please note if playing in 3.0.59 you might need to load it in 3.0.60 first for the images to work.

I aim for the next version to be ready in about 3 months time, Feb/Mar 2017.
Last edited by wildride on Sat, 16Nov12 01:41, edited 6 times in total.
wildride
lagoon predator

Re: True Love remake Demo

Postby shine » Mon, 16Oct31 04:32

True Love was one of my fav adult games. It being ancient makes it annoying to play on modern windows OS. Chalk me down as interested in seeing you complete it.
shine
Pilot fish

Postby MAFUte » Mon, 16Oct31 18:37

I'm not able to play the game 3.0.59. I get a bunch of errors that commands don't work, and then the application stops responding after going to class the first day.

I'll play through on an older version, but thought you'd want to know.
MAFUte
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Postby wildride » Mon, 16Oct31 19:01

MAFUte wrote:I'm not able to play the game 3.0.59. I get a bunch of errors that commands don't work, and then the application stops responding after going to class the first day.

I'll play through on an older version, but thought you'd want to know.

Thanks for letting me know fired it up (after it actually worked last night) and its not working at the same point Ill have to check things out, I honestly couldnt understand why the fix worked last night. So must be something else which doesnt always screw up on it.

Well I have narrowed it to the image as adding a pause right before it works right up to pressing continue. Then errors. I removed then replaced it then got it telling me specifically it was wrong, allows it to continue until the next time it calls one up then crashes.. its weird because sometimes it works fine for all the times I used layered images throughout the game (last night), other times it wont at all with th 3.0.59 player. ie 5 minutes ago, nope. Now perfectly fine without changing a damn thing. [img]kator/smiley19.gif[/img]
wildride
lagoon predator

Postby belu » Wed, 16Nov02 02:22

I hope you finish it. I love the premises of this game, and it has such potential :)
belu
sirens hunter

Postby Jashu469 » Fri, 16Nov04 11:13

I like what you have so far, but once I finish grinding for the month I get nothing but error messages. Was the game supposed to end after the end of July?
Jashu469
great white shark

Postby wildride » Fri, 16Nov04 13:30

Jashu469 wrote:I like what you have so far, but once I finish grinding for the month I get nothing but error messages. Was the game supposed to end after the end of July?

Ive only done up to July 21st maybe a little more so thats it for now, if its getting to July 31 then crashing when it tries to tick over to August however that might be something I need to correct, I have not personally bugtested this part yet.

Im currently re-writing it into Rags 3.0.60 (mostly copy/paste) with different gameplay more like the original game, as the layered image problem appears to be a v59 problem and v60 has a navigation problem I figure use v60 and eliminate navigation. Going to add a little bit more (to the start of holidays which are July 26) then release for bug testing. While that phase is done Ill be adding the holiday period and releasing that followed by the second semester and finales. In all the game will go to Sep 30. Bear in mind I can only work on this while baby is asleep and older child at school/asleep too so work will be slow. I estimate 2-3 months between each section, but will see, the further into the game the more branches are added to the tree.
wildride
lagoon predator

Postby wildride » Thu, 16Nov10 16:10

Update: Ok well got the game reformated and was working on some new content before release, saved last night and all seemed fine, until this morning when loading the game up all data was missing, rooms, characters, timers the lot. Although I was partially able to recover this data by simply removing the password and saving again as a new file (this brought the pics back) everything else is still gone.

It seems the data is there but for some reason the rags designer cannot read it right so Ive asked the rags developer to see if he can fix it (not the first time he has had this reported) until then this game is not going to be worked on.
wildride
lagoon predator

Postby bredster » Thu, 16Nov10 20:20

You can find amy classical VN there http://tss.asenheim.org/ inclided true love
bredster
great white shark

Postby wildride » Sat, 16Nov12 01:43

The Rags developer managed to fix the problem for me so I finished up phase 1 and uploaded it ready to play. Enjoy!
wildride
lagoon predator

Postby muttdoggy » Sun, 16Nov13 04:49

I have both 2.4.16 and 3.0.59 and I'm leery about adding 3.0.60 because of navigation bugs. I tried to run with 3.0.59 and when going to college the first time, the game crashes. However, in 2.4.16, it works ok. It shows the text formatting and when I try to study art, it throws an error but allows me to continue. When I get to day 31, every action has an error but I can continue and get another error and so on.
However, this is as good a remake as I've ever seen of any of the old 90s Japanese classic games! [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]
muttdoggy
lagoon predator

Postby wildride » Sun, 16Nov13 14:05

muttdoggy wrote:I have both 2.4.16 and 3.0.59 and I'm leery about adding 3.0.60 because of navigation bugs. I tried to run with 3.0.59 and when going to college the first time, the game crashes. However, in 2.4.16, it works ok. It shows the text formatting and when I try to study art, it throws an error but allows me to continue. When I get to day 31, every action has an error but I can continue and get another error and so on.
However, this is as good a remake as I've ever seen of any of the old 90s Japanese classic games! [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]

Thanks for those error reports, I did find a text colour issue (this is what the formatting you see in 2.4.16 is, the text changing colour) in the sex scene which has been corrected for next release, both bugs are now squashed.

The crash is because 3.0.59 is kinda weird about layered images, a fix there is to load it in 3.0.60 and it will then work for 3.0.59.. dont ask me why, it drove me nuts Im guessing 3.0.60 activates a codec that 3.0.59 doesnt. As it worked in 2.4.16 it might work after running it there first.

I am also in the same camp as you regarding 3.0.60, so while it seems needed to work right for the images, I completely avoided using the compass navigation which is buggy as a roach infestation in 60, luckily the original game had a similar design.
wildride
lagoon predator

Return to RAGS games