(WIP) A Family Affair

The specific forum for rags games creators

Re: (WIP) A Family Affair

Postby wildride » Sat, 16Oct29 15:49

paquito wrote:I just downloaded the newest version of the game and there is an issue with desire levels. Carly has only 15 points when Molly and Samantha have 200 points the first day. So you can step in bathroom when Samantha is bathing.

Apparently they moved, the house isn't in the same direction anymore! XD The garden is to the South now.

Yeah he did the swap on the release prior to that (also 1.1.2) however the desire numbers were sensible 15,0,0 respectively.
The new one you also forgot starts on day 32 ;) so for now Ill stick to the one released last night so far not found a gamebreaking bug on that (only that the first achievement didnt add to score)

Request: A shower at the gym.. Dont know about anyone else but after a workout I always shower before changing. Just seems a waste to go there workout, go home and then another 1hr to get back downtown.
wildride
lagoon predator

Postby MAFUte » Sat, 16Oct29 16:40

paquito wrote:I just downloaded the newest version of the game and there is an issue with desire levels. Carly has only 15 points when Molly and Samantha have 200 points the first day. So you can step in bathroom when Samantha is bathing.

Apparently they moved, the house isn't in the same direction anymore! XD The garden is to the South now.

Shit. Sorry about that. I've re-uploaded the game to start as intended.
MAFUte
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Postby MAFUte » Sat, 16Oct29 16:41

wildride wrote:
MAFUte wrote:What do you mean "run out"? Like, you no longer have the option to text them?

Text them and the "iPhone - Text Molly" text appears in window but nothing else, no pic, no dialogue, no time used (its simply the command being done) but like I said, it resolved itself when desire got to 160.

I guess maybe I spammed them too much that they put me on their block list and tool me back off it when they liked me more [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]

The acheivement points still arent adding for the first one, I got the first and it stayed 0/9, just now on the 27th got the second and it went to 1/9.

Both the texting issue and the achievement issue have been fixed.
MAFUte
great white shark

Postby nezumi69 » Sat, 16Oct29 18:04

May not apply to the new version, but I was playing 1.1.1 some again this morning.

I found that, if you were on the weekend pattern and hadn't kept your chores score up (mine was 2/10 at the time), at 2200 Carly would complain and lose 10 desire every time you moved.

Also, if you're not in the house at 2200 weekend and kept your chores up, Carly would 'reward' you anyway, and you'd be yanked back into your bedroom.
nezumi69
lagoon predator

Postby wildride » Sat, 16Oct29 18:24

MAFUte wrote:
wildride wrote:
MAFUte wrote:What do you mean "run out"? Like, you no longer have the option to text them?

Text them and the "iPhone - Text Molly" text appears in window but nothing else, no pic, no dialogue, no time used (its simply the command being done) but like I said, it resolved itself when desire got to 160.

I guess maybe I spammed them too much that they put me on their block list and tool me back off it when they liked me more [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]

The acheivement points still arent adding for the first one, I got the first and it stayed 0/9, just now on the 27th got the second and it went to 1/9.

Ok Im going to add 2 more bugs around the 27th/28th, Im still using the one you posted last night.

On 27th I saved after getting the pool scene I saved then encountered an issue with Samantha. I started with my saturday routine a little modified
1000 saved here after scene then went downtown
1100 workout
1300 texted samantha
1400 went to beach. Took a desire hit from stink taking it from 220/1 to 215/6 and then noticed the kiss option on her.

reloaded then tried several variations
1. Did not go downtown, desire with sam went up to 230 without option to kiss appearing.
2. Went downtown, did not workout, no option to kiss on beach. (both with and without texting first) 220 and 217 desire
3. went downtown worked out once, returned home showered, went back to the beach and no option to kiss (15:00) no option to kiss
4. went and worked out twice and went to beach at 15:00 the option to kiss is there, 212 desire
5. went and worked out twice and went home to shower. No option to kiss at home. 217 desire

At this point I decided to see if I could do anything the next day. Which is where I came to the next bug, the shower scene. First time it didnt play at 7am, not sure why. Reloaded the day before and must have changed something as it played fine(probably where I had sex with Carly then Oral sex in the same night the second time.. 279 desire) it also repeated at 8am crediting me in the score twice, then wouldnt let me shower at 9 saying Id already done it today (Im at 2 hygiene). Youll need to add a variable check (ie Scene=0, at the end of the scene have it change the variable to 1, then add to the condition that the variable must equal 0). Still present in current upload as I started over with it. Had scene at 8am on day 21, and again at 9am.. 0 Hygiene, 4/9 achievements.

Anyway back to the prior bug. After that I went into Sams room at 9:00 and told I stink, desire dropped to 218 and kiss option appeared.

Conclusion: Sam likes stinky people! Edit: New upload I was unable to unlock kissing with her via the same methods, am at 374 desire now.

Ok more seriously seems kiss option is either appearing because of the repulsion in error or its not appearing until repulsion for whatever reason.

You might have those fixed the Sam bug today, the other is still present, just didnt see either mentioned and the newer version wont load the save games would need to start over. (as said playing the 1.1.2 you initially released with this post):
MAFUte wrote:Updated game to new version 1.1.2. Download link on OP has been updated.

- Fixed bugs related to gym/working out
- Fixed bug capping Molly's desire at 100
- Fixed bug that allowed you to stay in bathroom when Samantha is there, if you don't have high enough desire
- Fixed bugs where certain stats didn't reset each new day (Talk, Kiss, Texting, etc.)
- Fixed bug related to weekend timer not stopping after new week starts
- Fixed bug where no description populated when examining self

I checked for issues regarding the achievement counter not incrementing after reaching an achievement, but didn't find any issues. If this is still happening to you, please let me know.

As always, thank you for your time and patience with this game. It means a lot.
Last edited by wildride on Sun, 16Oct30 01:04, edited 3 times in total.
wildride
lagoon predator

Postby wildride » Sat, 16Oct29 18:25

nezumi69 wrote:
Carly would 'reward' you anyway, and you'd be yanked back into your bedroom.

hehe I found that funny even when at the club [img]images/icones/icon12.gif[/img]
wildride
lagoon predator

Postby wildride » Sat, 16Oct29 21:44

MAFUte wrote:Achievements take place on days 12, 20, 21, 25, 32, 34, 36, 42, 48. If you didn't get an achievement on this day, you haven't done the right steps. Achievements are reached with a combination of desire and timing.

I noticed this changed from what it was before, my question is do the days they can be achieved have to be set in stone, it wont happen at a later date if I subsequently reach the desire need/go to the correct location even though the same characters are present. Just thinking these could be more flexible to allow them to be done on a later day. There were a couple I couldve missed due to my regular routine didnt have me in the right place. Knowing the days in advance helped me get those achievements. On a realism level what you miss one day could be done at the next opportunity. ie
Pool Scene could be done the next time your at the pool and Carly is there. PS slight continuity issue here too, scene plays as if Sams there, but she isnt, she is at the beach. Nitpicking I know but when I get my game to a point of release Id expect some nitpicking ;)
wildride
lagoon predator

Postby grimgor » Sun, 16Oct30 14:37

8/9 achievements i need the last one on day 55. (Is black lingery useful in game?)
grimgor
great white shark

Postby wildride » Sun, 16Oct30 15:14

grimgor wrote:8/9 achievements i need the last one on day 55. (Is black lingery useful in game?)

if using the latest version its day 48. The black panties are for carly, only boost relationship. At any rate I guess you could call the spoiler in my post above a hint as to what you need to do.
wildride
lagoon predator

Postby MAFUte » Sun, 16Oct30 17:13

wildride wrote:
MAFUte wrote:Achievements take place on days 12, 20, 21, 25, 32, 34, 36, 42, 48. If you didn't get an achievement on this day, you haven't done the right steps. Achievements are reached with a combination of desire and timing.

I noticed this changed from what it was before, my question is do the days they can be achieved have to be set in stone, it wont happen at a later date if I subsequently reach the desire need/go to the correct location even though the same characters are present. Just thinking these could be more flexible to allow them to be done on a later day. There were a couple I couldve missed due to my regular routine didnt have me in the right place. Knowing the days in advance helped me get those achievements. On a realism level what you miss one day could be done at the next opportunity. ie
Pool Scene could be done the next time your at the pool and Carly is there. PS slight continuity issue here too, scene plays as if Sams there, but she isnt, she is at the beach. Nitpicking I know but when I get my game to a point of release Id expect some nitpicking ;)

As of right now, yes, it only happens on those days. I would love to have it fluid like you explained, but haven't figured out a way to do so without the achievement being repeatable.
MAFUte
great white shark

Postby MAFUte » Sun, 16Oct30 17:14

grimgor wrote:8/9 achievements i need the last one on day 55. (Is black lingery useful in game?)

Right now the black lingerie is not useful past the point of increasing Carly's desire. That will change down the road. I have A LOT more achievements to add to the game. Just wish I had more time to work on it.
MAFUte
great white shark

Postby MAFUte » Sun, 16Oct30 17:18

wildride wrote:
MAFUte wrote:
wildride wrote:

Ok Im going to add 2 more bugs around the 27th/28th, Im still using the one you posted last night.

On 27th I saved after getting the pool scene I saved then encountered an issue with Samantha. I started with my saturday routine a little modified
1100 workout
1300 texted samantha
1400 went to beach. Took a desire hit from stink taking it from 220/1 to 215/6 and then noticed the kiss option on her.

1. Did not go downtown, desire with sam went up to 230 without option to kiss appearing.
2. Went downtown, did not workout, no option to kiss on beach. (both with and without texting first) 220 and 217 desire
3. went downtown worked out once, returned home showered, went back to the beach and no option to kiss (15:00) no option to kiss
4. went and worked out twice and went to beach at 15:00 the option to kiss is there, 212 desire
5. went and worked out twice and went home to shower. No option to kiss at home. 217 desire

At this point I decided to see if I could do anything the next day. Which is where I came to the next bug, the shower scene. First time it didnt play at 7am, not sure why. Reloaded the day before and must have changed something as it played fine(probably where I had sex with Carly then Oral sex in the same night the second time.. 279 desire) it also repeated at 8am crediting me in the score twice, then wouldnt let me shower at 9 saying Id already done it today (Im at 2 hygiene). Youll need to add a variable check (ie Scene=0, at the end of the scene have it change the variable to 1, then add to the condition that the variable must equal 0). Still present in current upload as I started over with it. Had scene at 8am on day 21, and again at 9am.. 0 Hygiene, 4/9 achievements.

Anyway back to the prior bug. After that I went into Sams room at 9:00 and told I stink, desire dropped to 218 and kiss option appeared.

Conclusion: Sam likes stinky people! Edit: New upload I was unable to unlock kissing with her via the same methods, am at 374 desire now.

Ok more seriously seems kiss option is either appearing because of the repulsion in error or its not appearing until repulsion for whatever reason.

You might have those fixed the Sam bug today, the other is still present, just didnt see either mentioned and the newer version wont load the save games would need to start over. (as said playing the 1.1.2 you initially released with this post):
MAFUte wrote:Updated game to new version 1.1.2. Download link on OP has been updated.

- Fixed bug that allowed you to stay in bathroom when Samantha is there, if you don't have high enough desire
- Fixed bugs where certain stats didn't reset each new day (Talk, Kiss, Texting, etc.)

I checked for issues regarding the achievement counter not incrementing after reaching an achievement, but didn't find any issues. If this is still happening to you, please let me know.

Thank you for the detailed response. I have been having trouble with the 'kiss' option for Sam. It's set up exactly like it is for the other two, but isn't behaving the same way. I'll have to really dig in to it to see what going on.

Im a little confused about the shower situation you describe. Are you saying that you aren't allowed to shower normally after you get the shower achievement with Carly? Sorry if I'm not understanding correctly.
MAFUte
great white shark

Postby MAFUte » Sun, 16Oct30 17:20

nezumi69 wrote:
May not apply to the new version, but I was playing 1.1.1 some again this morning.

I found that, if you were on the weekend pattern and hadn't kept your chores score up (mine was 2/10 at the time), at 2200 Carly would complain and lose 10 desire every time you moved.

Also, if you're not in the house at 2200 weekend and kept your chores up, Carly would 'reward' you anyway, and you'd be yanked back into your bedroom.

Thanks. I'll try and get this corrected ASAP so that it doesn't pull you back to the house if you're not there, and also make it so that you don't lose points every time you move.
MAFUte
great white shark

Postby wildride » Sun, 16Oct30 18:46

MAFUte wrote:
wildride wrote:
MAFUte wrote:
wildride wrote:

1100 workout
1300 texted samantha

Thank you for the detailed response. I have been having trouble with the 'kiss' option for Sam. It's set up exactly like it is for the other two, but isn't behaving the same way. I'll have to really dig in to it to see what going on.

Im a little confused about the shower situation you describe. Are you saying that you aren't allowed to shower normally after you get the shower achievement with Carly? Sorry if I'm not understanding correctly.

Yes thats what Im meaning, its having the shower with carly at 7am, I go back in and get the scene again at 8am. No longer allowed to shower for the rest of that day. Neither time does the hygiene level go up.

Now for a little assistance, with stopping it being repeatable. and allow fluid events Im going to upload an unfinished test game I started (to try a few things out, Ive since learned of better methods for much of it) but stopped making (may finish if interest is there) its essentially a remake of an older game True Love. In it I got the events working by creating variables for each even ie a variable named "Day 12". They are simply a numeric variable set to 0.

For triggering the events for example Day 12 I would set conditions of:
the Day being greater than 11.
the Day12 variable being equal to 0.
As part of the event (can be anywhere in the event but typically the end or start is easiest to manage) I have a command to change the day12 variable to 1.

This means it will no longer show that event because the Day12 variable does not equal 0.

Now I suppose looking at a bit of setup might help, so Im uploading that said game. Mega Link or Google Docs Link
Ill PM you the password. Go to Rooms, Outside Home, On Player Enter.
In the conditions for success you will see one labeled SCH50
You will see the variables its checking for, Scholarship being Greater or Equal to 50, d16nat equal to 0 (this is the variable set for that one) and Daytime being Afternoon. All these conditions must be met for it to trigger in game. On that being successful you will see the events course and at the end the command to change d16nat to 1. This will mean the conditions to trigger this event can no longer be met and will not fire again.
wildride
lagoon predator

Postby MAFUte » Mon, 16Oct31 05:37

wildride wrote:
MAFUte wrote:
wildride wrote:
MAFUte wrote:
wildride wrote:

1100 workout
1300 texted samantha

Yes thats what Im meaning, its having the shower with carly at 7am, I go back in and get the scene again at 8am. No longer allowed to shower for the rest of that day. Neither time does the hygiene level go up.

Now for a little assistance, with stopping it being repeatable. and allow fluid events Im going to upload an unfinished test game I started (to try a few things out, Ive since learned of better methods for much of it) but stopped making (may finish if interest is there) its essentially a remake of an older game True Love. In it I got the events working by creating variables for each even ie a variable named "Day 12". They are simply a numeric variable set to 0.

For triggering the events for example Day 12 I would set conditions of:
the Day being greater than 11.
the Day12 variable being equal to 0.
As part of the event (can be anywhere in the event but typically the end or start is easiest to manage) I have a command to change the day12 variable to 1.

This means it will no longer show that event because the Day12 variable does not equal 0.

Now I suppose looking at a bit of setup might help, so Im uploading that said game. Mega Link or Google Docs Link
Ill PM you the password. Go to Rooms, Outside Home, On Player Enter.
In the conditions for success you will see one labeled SCH50
You will see the variables its checking for, Scholarship being Greater or Equal to 50, d16nat equal to 0 (this is the variable set for that one) and Daytime being Afternoon. All these conditions must be met for it to trigger in game. On that being successful you will see the events course and at the end the command to change d16nat to 1. This will mean the conditions to trigger this event can no longer be met and will not fire again.

Thank you. Your explanation helped greatly. I'm working on making all the achievement flexible to where they can be reached within a window of a week or two.
MAFUte
great white shark

PreviousNext

Return to RAGS games