MAN IN THE FAMILY RAGS 3.0.60. VERSION GAME

The specific forum for rags games creators

Re: MAN IN THE FAMILY RAGS 3.0.60. VERSION GAME

Postby ptmg30 » Thu, 16Feb04 14:00

TheBellboy wrote:Question: is this just a text game? From some of the responses above, I assumed there would be pictures/images. However when I play the game (only for a few minutes though) all I see is text and a navigation menu in the bottom left. Even when I return from the first work day and look inside or at my neighbour, nothing pops up and I just see things like ".........." and "oh wow, nice ass".

Am I missing something, do the images appear later on or is it all text? This is the first time I tried RAGS, so maybe I'm missing something? I tried both 3.0.60.0 and 3.0.59 .

Some games start out with a text crawl, but there is pictures. Maybe you need to open up the multimedia section in your RAGS player, or the RAGS game file isn't in the right place and can't find the pictures.
ptmg30
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby ptmg30 » Fri, 16Feb05 14:32

I would like to screen capture and show you but my shitop doesn't seem to do that. If you haven't changed anything from the download I would say download again, I had problems with files becoming unreadable with multiple RAGS installed that could be another problem.
I use 2.4.14 for everything, but most use 2.4.16; still runs games made in 3+ but some older can't be played in the newer.
ptmg30
lagoon predator

Postby nezumi69 » Fri, 16Feb05 16:10

Well, I have a notebook with Win7 32 bit that only had 3.0.59 installed on it, and a Win7 64 bit machine that has had multiple versions up to 2.4.16 (currently). Both have run the game (and their version of Rags) without any apparent problem.

Maybe the problem is your OS version is not compatible with the version(s) of Rags you're trying to use?
nezumi69
lagoon predator

Postby Skelaturi » Fri, 16Feb05 19:18

TheBellboy wrote:I have Windows 7 Home-Premium 64, SP1. According to Speccy I also have:

.NET Frameworks installed
v4.6 Full
v4.6 Client
v3.5 SP1
v3.0 SP2
v2.0 SP2

Which seems to be good enough?

What I will say is that when I google RAGS game, google tells me that ragsgame.com might be hacked? Not sure where else I can download a ragsplayer from to try. Also, does the actual rags game (man in the family, in this case) need to be installed somewhere? Do I need to unpack it? Do I need any additional software?

Well the game doesn't need to be unpacked its already there. But do you click the file? If yes, consider starting up the 3.0.60 runner then start a new game from there. For my computer at least all those games are automatically being used by 2.4 so all other versions i need to use with the runner separately.
Doggy style (noun)
A sexual position which allows both participants to watch TV.
---
My weakness a deviant Redhead: http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8&start=4425#p97335

--
Seen anything wrong, a typo, to ask, anything else? PM me.
Skelaturi

Postby nezumi69 » Fri, 16Feb05 19:35

Well, I've run this rags game in 2.4, so it might not be only the Rags version. Also, I thought he said earlier that he had trouble just getting Rags to launch, much less open a game, but I suppose that could happen if you're double clicking the game file. I have had 3.0.59 crash before opening when I've tried to launch it by running the game file (which, incidentally, only happened that one time.)

Bellboy, did you download anything from Rags' website after seeing the Google 'hacked' alert? If so, did you run a virus scan on it before opening? If nothing else, I think Zagmut's Unfaithful game thread has a link to a web archive page to Rags 3.0.59 that 'should' be clean.

I don't know about anyone else, but I've only kept 1 version of Rags on my machine at a time. So if you have multiple versions, maybe you should uninstall all versions of Rags, then make a new install of whichever version you want to try?
nezumi69
lagoon predator

Postby Skelaturi » Fri, 16Feb05 20:04

did you even unpack the game itself? Cause i believe that's not needed
Doggy style (noun)
A sexual position which allows both participants to watch TV.
---
My weakness a deviant Redhead: http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8&start=4425#p97335

--
Seen anything wrong, a typo, to ask, anything else? PM me.
Skelaturi

Postby nezumi69 » Fri, 16Feb05 23:35

TheBellboy wrote:I've downloaded the 3.0.59 version listed on a previous page. It's a map that already has everything unpacked and 'installed', so I just unzipped everything, ran the ragsplayer and used the program to open the game.

There should be only 1 version of the game file, which was made using 3.0.60 version of Rags. When you use the OP link, you should get a Rag game file called "Man in the family 0.5" (without quotes), with a file size of 367,892 KB. Running the file, either by double clicking the file itself (which would auto-launch the RagsRunner) or by opening the Runner separately then open adventure from the file menu, should launch the game, which should start showing you pictures in the graphics window section of the Runner. Every location' should have its own picture, and people/events probably would show a series of them.

TheBellboy wrote:EDIT: OK! So in my temp folder, located in AppData/local I can clearly see pictures of girls that I didn't download. On is in bed, another is a girl by the pool. There are many more and it feels like these images are the exact part of the game that I'm missing. The questions is, how did this happen and how can I restore this?

EDIT2: using the download link from mega, I downloaded the file through my browser. Does that have anything to do with it?

Yes, those sound like the images/pictures used by the game. I don't know how they got separated from the Rag game file for you. I DLed the 0.5 version on 2 different computers the same way you did, and both worked. I haven't tried recently to download it, so I don't know if the file changed.
nezumi69
lagoon predator

Postby Greyelf » Fri, 16Feb05 23:48

@TheBellboy
The RAGS Player has always been picky about the versions of the components it requires to work correctly.

a. The .Net Framework:
The 2.x series of the RAGS Player requires .Net 2.0 SP2, while from memory the 3.x series requires .Net 4.5 which I noticed you did not have and I am not sure if .Net 4.6 is fully compatible.

b. SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP2:
If you are using a 64bit edition of Windows then you may/will need to have both the 32bit and 64bit releases of SSCE installed, the 32bit release may need to be installed before the 64bit one.

c. A Media Player with the correct codecs installed:
The 2.x series of the RAGS Player requires Windows Media Player which may be disabled/missing in more recent versions of Windows. The 3.x series is meant to use whichever Media Player is set as your default as long as the required codecs are installed.
Greyelf
star of the reef

Postby Greyelf » Sat, 16Feb06 22:41

TheBellboy wrote:As for point C, which codecs do I need?

The simple answer is I don't know but I believe that would depend on the media files used by the game developer, nor do I know if VLC is supported by Windows Presentation Foundation which is what series 3.x is using.

(Although I write software using WPF I don't write software that needs to internally play video or view images so my knowledge of those areas is more academic, I also don't know exactly which of the available components/options the RAGS developer used to implement that part of the Player.)
Greyelf
star of the reef

Postby TheFerry » Mon, 16Feb08 17:02

TheBellboy wrote:Speaking about the game and the images; damn there are a lot of them! Normally I don't mind this, but during sex scenes there sure are a lot of them! Unlike a lot of AIF games, this one seems to rely on pictures instead of words to take you through a scene. This is an artistic choice I guess, and while I can definitely appreciate images, clicking on 'continue' 20 times just to get through a blowjob scene can be a little annoying.

I agree with this. I love pictures in games like these, but a lot of these pictures are really similar. I think there are too much of them.
https://yareel.com?referral_id=14998
TheFerry
great white shark

Postby Michuncik » Sun, 16Feb21 10:54

any fresh news about update??
Michuncik
great white shark

Postby Snak » Wed, 16Feb24 20:09

Can we play at a new version without re start alle the game ?
Snak
sirens hunter

Postby DarkSoulDrinker » Fri, 16Mar04 17:46

So I've tried opening this in 2.4.16, 3.0.57, and 3.0.60 but no matter what it just crashes RAGS player
DarkSoulDrinker
sirens hunter

Postby Wader » Fri, 16Mar04 18:26

I have a q uestion, the texts always appear like this "<br/><span style="color:Fuchsia"><i>WTF? Get out!!</i></span>" what is the problem?, i know that is supossed to appear in fuchsia, but it doesn't.
Wader
great white shark

Postby nerio » Fri, 16Mar04 22:57

Wader wrote:I have a q uestion, the texts always appear like this "<br/><span style="color:Fuchsia"><i>WTF? Get out!!</i></span>" what is the problem?, i know that is supossed to appear in fuchsia, but it doesn't.

You must use a 3.0.x version of RAGS if this is displaying.
nerio
great white shark

PreviousNext

Return to RAGS games