The specific forum for rags games creators

Re: Dangerous Assets 2 by Cugel

Postby Cugel » Sun, 12Aug12 07:41

Looking into the day 7 issue.
Cugel
lagoon predator

Postby bosbrand » Sun, 12Aug12 08:53

On day 5, I went home after shopping without going to Knight first. That got me stuck in my apartment with nothing to do.
bosbrand
great white shark

Postby Synthus » Sun, 12Aug12 10:07

The yard alarm section seems frustratingly random, and any patterns I've noticed don't help very much with RAGS' slow reaction speed. Any hints on this?
Synthus
great white shark

Postby stang69 » Sun, 12Aug12 10:30

Yeah, the alarm part was a pain - you have to leave via the kitchen into the back porch - if I remember right you have to go when the right dot is in a certain place - I think it was at the top, but don't hold me to it - just experiment going when the dot is in different places - as soon as your out just move as quickly as possible to the next location and you will get to the neighbor's house pdq :)
stang69
Pilot fish

sex: Masculine

Postby Synthus » Sun, 12Aug12 10:43

Yeah, I got caught a lot after moving out though. Any idea what the optimal route is? I've given up on it for now while I shoot something up in MWO.

RAGS doesn't respond terribly quickly, and when you throw in the load time for a new area you have a recipe for some rage. [img]images/icones/icon5.gif[/img]
Synthus
great white shark

Postby Bangkok » Sun, 12Aug12 11:59

i had problems there aswell, but i dont think its "random". you basically have to use the app upside-down. meaning if its flashing north its actualy south (at the front door). so its save to leave through the kitchen then.
Bangkok
Pilot fish

sex: Female

Postby Cugel » Sun, 12Aug12 13:01

Cugel wrote:Looking into the day 7 issue.

New links for Version 1.1 with bug fixes for Day 5 after shopping and Day 7 leaving Security Office are now on first post.
Cugel
lagoon predator

Postby Synthus » Sun, 12Aug12 19:42

Anyone know how to get the alternate scenes on day 6? I had one with Karen, but I'm not sure what I did to get it.
Synthus
great white shark

Postby M » Sun, 12Aug12 20:30

I'm not sure the security office bug is fixed. I've got saved games in there and right before there and I still can't leave.
M
lagoon predator

Postby bosbrand » Sun, 12Aug12 21:42

Synthus wrote:Anyone know how to get the alternate scenes on day 6? I had one with Karen, but I'm not sure what I did to get it.

I managed to get a scene with Nikki. As far as I can tell i only did two things that involved her:

Select "Dated both Karen and Nikki" at game start.
Meet Nikki in the bar in the shopping mall after exploring the cave (When the game hints "I could use a drink")
bosbrand
great white shark

Postby Cugel » Mon, 12Aug13 03:00

M wrote:I'm not sure the security office bug is fixed. I've got saved games in there and right before there and I still can't leave.

Hi. One of the issues with a new version of a RAGS game is that it is hardly ever compatible with a saved game from an earlier version. It saves the states of a ton of objects and variables from the version it is saved from. I apologize for the bug, but the game engine is what it is. I would like to know if someone gets past Day 7.
Cugel
lagoon predator

Postby M » Mon, 12Aug13 03:44

Okay, I went back to a save from Day 6 and I just left the security office successfully.
M
lagoon predator

Postby M » Mon, 12Aug13 04:19

Though just for extra fun, I got back to the motel room and got the point where you're supposed to call the male character and found that my call menu had changed to only have Manny as an option. Then I went back to my Day 6 save and tried to go back through and got stuck in the office again. I might have to start a completely fresh game just to check.
M
lagoon predator

Postby stang69 » Mon, 12Aug13 06:56

I've managed to finish the game, I swapped from the beta to 1.0 after getting stuck in the motel ( though it may have just been me cos I had actually missed something! ) and everything worked fine, even with a previous version save game, all the way through to day 9 - nice ending :)
stang69
Pilot fish

sex: Masculine

Postby smokindavis » Mon, 12Aug13 07:27

I'm in the cave and I have the flashlight. Now it says I shouldn't search the cave without some guidance. I've played around and searched around, but I'm definitely stuck.
smokindavis
great white shark

PreviousNext

Return to RAGS games