Dangerous Assets 2 by Cugel

The specific forum for rags games creators

Re: Dangerous Assets 2 by Cugel

Postby jeharris25 » Mon, 12Sep10 02:26

I finally got past the bug by moving past the area with the broken image, saving, replacing the game file, and then reloading the save. It was a nasty process, but it got me through that. I noticed some items didn't have proper descriptions or feedback while trying to interact with them, and there was an error message thrown while trying to use the camera. I'm wondering if I got an old beta version of this project, even though an earlier post said the links had been updated with the proper files.

Anyway:
I love the adventure game feel here. I'm not sure if it's possible through the RAGS engine or not, but a dialogue tree or two would have added to the experience. For the most part, the puzzles were well thought out, but could have used a little more in-game feedback.
After countless trips to the convenience store, I finally figured out that the purchase items area was over on the left, when none of the interactions for the rest of the game had been used there.
Moving about the yard was incredibly annoying. Even after figuring out the pattern during the chase, getting to the right place before getting caught was difficult.

Congrats on a good game. It had a few flaws, but it was definitely a fun experience.
jeharris25
Pilot fish

sex: Masculine

Re: Day 5, Stuck after entering the Cellar

Postby donko » Mon, 12Sep10 03:51

j95 wrote:Hello,

Synthus wrote:
Werehunter wrote:
donko wrote:i'm stuck at day 5 after entering the cellar. I've tried every item in it and everywhere but I can`t do anything.

I'm stuck at the same place. I can get into the cellar pick up two items but can't do anything with them and drop them the moment I leave.

Examine the sand dollar. You'll find something that you can use the screwdriver on. Then, apply the crowbar to the shelf.

Could you tell me what exactly you need to use the screwdriver on, please ?

Is there a use for the Sand Dollar, please ?

Is there a certain item/s that you need to have collected in your inventory before you enter the cellar, please ?

Please reply as soon as possible.

Thank You

j95

I still can't do anything in the cellar. I examine the sand dollar and it says there is nothing new to see. can someone send me a walkthrough for day 5 so I can see what I'm missing?
donko
Pilot fish

Postby M » Mon, 12Sep10 06:13

Use the screwdriver on the sand dollar.
M
lagoon predator

Postby something » Tue, 12Sep11 20:15

On day five i figured i have to water the plant to get the scene with karen on day 6, what action must i complete for nikki ? i'm assuming i get the threesome if i complete both actions
something
great white shark

Postby mikydv » Sat, 12Sep29 15:43

I'm stuck at the beginning of the day 8 while I'm controlling Mari; I tried all the possibilities over and over again, but I don't know what to do. Could someone help me?
mikydv
Pilot fish

Postby braspol » Sun, 12Sep30 17:47

is it possible for a walkthrough
braspol
great white shark

Postby mos3s » Thu, 12Oct04 03:35

mikydv wrote:I'm stuck at the beginning of the day 8 while I'm controlling Mari; I tried all the possibilities over and over again, but I don't know what to do. Could someone help me?

having same problem, seems like a bug.
mos3s
Pilot fish

Postby Orphiex » Tue, 12Oct16 07:20

Hi,

Stuck on Day 3, not sure if it's a glitch or not. I've gotten back to Mari's, dropped off the laptop and suitcases, and can't make anything else happen. When I try to take the Network Analyzer, the screen just shows a blank line under the words Network Analyzer - Take. Using DA2 v1.1, RAGS 2.4.0.0.
Orphiex
Pilot fish

Postby theWardeR » Sat, 12Oct20 00:11

Hey Stuck on Day 8 at the start of the day, and right when you take control of Mari, ive tried all the different combinations but it still seems to be im in control of my Character cause the people in the room box still shows Mari.

Help?
theWardeR
Pilot fish

Postby realkane » Sat, 12Oct27 19:27

Totally stuck on day 7 and im fearing its a bug, Hope you or someone can help me out Cugel.

It's day 7 recon afternoon and mari has just been in disguise to test the audio.
I go back to the motel and then stuff keeps going wrong.

When i try to examine stuff it keeps on saying: Rags cannot process the command correctly blablabla and then CT_DISPLAYITEMDESC
I am able to pack the shopping bag with the network analyzer and the shopping bag with the security camera.
I also get a line : you put an extra sd card in your bra or something.

Then it really goes weird, i go to the carapace buidling but it keeps saying:
There is something you should start up so you can monitor your bold hacking attempt.
Then i try to do something with the security camera but i can only examine it with the CT_blablabla error.
I cant open the bag with the network analyzer only examine it with the error.
I try every option with the phone but no go, when i try to call the other PC i get a conversation that i shouldnt get yet.
To make matters worde i cant go to the carapace then, not to the motel, not to the highway and not to the market, i cant move anymore :-)
What is wrong or am i missing something? please PM if spoiler or spoiler it with a tag but i think its a fault in the game?

I use IE9 and assets 2 version 1.1 anyone?
This seems to be a day that nothing goes your way but you keep on going anyway....cause you're a CHAMP!
realkane
great white shark

Postby cheese101 » Sun, 12Oct28 23:39

@ realkane:

I beta tested the game and that never happened,has it repeated itself if you switch it off and on again?
if not it could be rags messing up,and a quick restart could fix it.
cheese101
star of the reef

Postby realkane » Mon, 12Oct29 03:04

Nope, but i updated my rags player and now it works.
The strange thing is the game was made in rags 2.3.0.0 and when usung that i got stuck with the problems as described above.
But with rags 2.4.0.0 it workd fine, although i kept getting an error when trying to examine stuff.

BUT......Cugel, thank you for creating a game with a great story and a fair amount of excitement and sex...
It really is top notch, you can see that theres a lot of time love and hard work in the game thank you for sharing.

If someone is stuck then let me now so i can PM you are give a vague tip....glad to do something back. I completed the game indeed now.

I hope Cugel makes another effort some day, hopefully with young perverted teens ;-)
This seems to be a day that nothing goes your way but you keep on going anyway....cause you're a CHAMP!
realkane
great white shark

Postby espinetus » Sun, 12Nov25 18:43

DA1 was a great game.

I'm surprised on the other hand, in DA2. I'm stuck already at day 3, when Mari arrives home. It seems that no one has had this problem. After visiting her office, leaving there the files and the laptop and putting the suitcases in the bedroom I find nothing more to do. And it is not like there are many things to try.

Some minor issues/bugs that I find in that moment of the game

1.- If you right-click on the suitcase in your bedroom, it only gives you the option of closing it which is weird since it is already closed. You can't open that or the make up box.

2.- If you try to take a picture with your phone at this point, you get an error message saying "Rags cannot process the condition check correclty. If you are the gama author, please correct the error in this condition:Day2 stranger in room and dead check:CT_Player_In_Same_Room_As - Stranger".

3.- Attempting to Take the network analyzer in the office does nothing, not even prints a message saying that I can't take it in the screen.

But of course, most importantly, I have no clue about what to do next and I can't find it either by trying everything. I'm using RAGS 2.4.

Am I missing something very obvious or what?
Last edited by espinetus on Sun, 12Nov25 19:02, edited 2 times in total.
espinetus
Pilot fish

Postby nanuxo » Sun, 12Nov25 19:01

I'm stuck on day four after getting the bfg. Can someone help me?
nanuxo
Pilot fish

Postby espinetus » Sun, 12Nov25 19:04

@nanuxo

while they help you. Could you send me a PM about what you do on day 3 after Mari arrive home? Thanks.
espinetus
Pilot fish

PreviousNext

Return to RAGS games