it first tell me LOADING DATA
then RAGS player has stopped working...

what am i doing wrong?
much thanks
nachocreech
sirens hunter

Re: Dangerous Assets 1 by Cugel

Postby Dahrken » Thu, 12Apr05 15:27

You need to DL the newest version of the RAGS player. I had the same issue.
Dahrken
Pilot fish

Postby fireslug » Fri, 12Apr06 13:14

Stuck at the hotel on day three: "You can't leave without something of use..."
I've dropped the boots in the cottage. I've tried leaving with and without taking the check, but nothing works and I can't find anything else to do.
fireslug
Pilot fish

Postby ExLibris » Fri, 12Apr06 13:30

fireslug wrote:Stuck at the hotel on day three: "You can't leave without something of use..."
I've dropped the boots in the cottage. I've tried leaving with and without taking the check, but nothing works and I can't find anything else to do.

Have you tried taking a photo of the check?

If you have any further problems, I've written a walkthrough: http://aifsansmystery.blogspot.com/2012/04/walkthrough-dangerous-assets-part-1.html
ExLibris
legend of the South Seas

sex: Female

Postby fireslug » Fri, 12Apr06 13:40

@ExLibris: Thanks, I can move on now!
fireslug
Pilot fish

Postby TheBrain » Fri, 12Apr06 15:05

Finally finished it, and I have to agree with most things said before in this thread. (some SPOILERS ahead)

First of all, playing through the game requires an incessant amount of clicking. Especially the rotating through a room just doesn't add enough to be worth all the extra effort involved, not to mention that it's very unintuitive if you don't realize it's a possibility. The same goes for the large amount of items, for example I must've examined/tried to pick up the spices 4 times before I finally could (and once afterwards when food was mentioned). And even then picking up the pepper was just a bit of dumb luck, at no point did I think "oh, I need to create homemade pepper spray!" (of course I thought that afterwards, but then finding all the other ingredients was just incredibly laborious).
I also had the same experience as ExLibris with the shop... It all makes the game very frustrating to get through, even more frustrating if you simply miss a step (like examining the bottom of the coin and then not seeing it opened another option in that menu). I understand the need for some flavour items, but I feel other RAGS games have done this much better.

Secondly, I don't mind that the story is entirely linear, but when it's so prohibitive to the progress at the very least you should add something like a "Current Goal" option as a reminder (or clarification) of what you're supposed to be doing. I very much dislike artificial roadblocks like "there's still something you need to do", with no prior clue towards the fact that there's still something to do. In most cases I'm quite elaborate in trying to do everything with the current scene, then it's very annoying to find there's some obscure objective left (like taking a picture... Seriously, that should be an option on the item you want to photograph).

I'm sorry I don't have much better to say about your game, but I feel I just spent a couple of hours on a half an hour game, that's just not enjoyable to me.
TheBrain
star of the reef

Postby buddaoo12 » Fri, 12Apr06 19:22

i've been trying to get the movies to play in the game (have the most recent flash and rags installed) but they still wont play. just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem
buddaoo12
Pilot fish

sex: Masculine

Postby Cugel » Fri, 12Apr06 20:31

buddaoo12 wrote:i've been trying to get the movies to play in the game (have the most recent flash and rags installed) but they still wont play. just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem

Hi,

There is a post earlier in the forum where this problem was overcome by updating the Flash plugin for IE when it is not your default browser.
Cugel
lagoon predator

Postby Cugel » Fri, 12Apr06 20:38

The game has now been downloaded over 1 thousand times. Thant's pretty cool. Thanks everybody.
Cugel
lagoon predator

Postby ttant » Fri, 12Apr06 23:27

Cugel wrote:
buddaoo12 wrote:i've been trying to get the movies to play in the game (have the most recent flash and rags installed) but they still wont play. just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem

Hi,

There is a post earlier in the forum where this problem was overcome by updating the Flash plugin for IE when it is not your default browser.

Is there another workaround ?

It still doesn't work on my xp sp3 virtualized.
I try to run it on win 7 64bit but it says that the game can't be loaded :/ Same file works fine on xp.
ttant
star of the reef

Postby buffmuffin » Sat, 12Apr07 15:48

Rapidshare sux0rs.

Consider using mediafire.

Even if Rapidshare works, it's slow as hell and limits your upload size, you can put any size file on mediafire and not have to split it up.

I'm now an hour into downloading your first 90 meg link off of Rapidshare, by comparison, i download a 1 gig file in 11 minutes on mediafire.
buffmuffin
Pilot fish

Postby Cugel » Sun, 12Apr08 19:55

Last edited by Cugel on Thu, 12Apr12 03:36, edited 1 time in total.
Cugel
lagoon predator

Postby Yosoyyomismo » Mon, 12Apr09 01:36

Great game. What is the ETA for part 2?
Yosoyyomismo
Pilot fish

Postby jkast91 » Wed, 12Apr11 01:27

i've reached sex with both girls. dream of mermaid but it says i missed one any hints to what i missed?
jkast91
great white shark

Postby magnilan » Wed, 12Apr11 09:32

Hi, I'm having trouble downloading part 3, just keeps jumping to an advert to signup. Is it just me or is the link expired. Thanks.

got it, URL missing a 1 at the end. Kind of a fluke getting it right, thanks for the contribution.
magnilan
great white shark

PreviousNext

Return to RAGS games