Dangerous Assets 1 by Cugel

The specific forum for rags games creators

Re: Dangerous Assets 1 by Cugel

Postby skiller1 » Sat, 12Mar31 19:43

i'm stuck at the shower part, seems to keep looping for me and i'm not sure what to do from here. Any help would be appericated.
skiller1
Pilot fish

sex: Masculine

Postby ExLibris » Sat, 12Mar31 19:59

skiller1 wrote:i'm stuck at the shower part, seems to keep looping for me and i'm not sure what to do from here. Any help would be appericated.

Fantasising about Mari decreases your arousal, so you have to repeatedly fantasise about one of the other girls until you get a picture and your arousal meter starts filling again.
ExLibris
legend of the South Seas

sex: Female

Postby JeffGarcia » Sat, 12Mar31 20:05

I need help on day 4.
I managed to rotate the dollar, and my character says he has seen the rectangle somewhere. Now I have no idea what to do next, I've searched back yard and front lawn.

EDIT:
Managed to get it.
Last edited by JeffGarcia on Sat, 12Mar31 23:27, edited 1 time in total.
JeffGarcia
great white shark

Postby nvtsbamf » Sat, 12Mar31 20:30

JeffGarcia wrote:I need help at day 2, with incapacitating the guy.
I've managed to get chilli powder residue, now I need to weaponize it. I guess I need water or something but can't find anything.

same thing here

edit: i got it, just doing things in the wrong order
nvtsbamf
great white shark

Postby Cugel » Sat, 12Mar31 21:43

Hello,

Anticipating some of the same criticism as my previous works I put this in the Game Info screen of the Help menu.

"Dangerous Assets is an illustrated adult fantasy adventure story with game elements. The events in the story are linear.and take place over a span of 4 days. Player actions can affect what happens in the future, however the player cannot progress without accomplishing the required tasks."

The extra items are there for realism and/or become relevant in Part 2, they are not meant to obfuscate. The ones that become useful all have clues associated with them in the text. This is an adventure game standard. If only the critical items were visible in the work then a person could play without reading and in my opinion that favors winning over playing and instead of writing many thousands of words I could have just made a slide show.

The RAGS game engine has its issues and I considered using Ren Py but I disliked having to ship a folder full of code and artwork files whereas RAGS uses an integrated database. Here's the thing; RAGS is one of several sophisticated GUI versions of the traditional text adventure game system where the player has to type commands and sentences using correct syntax and so on... I find those to be very hard to play since I click better than I type.

I'll have a new version out soon that addresses some of the bugs reported here. Thanks for those.
Cugel
lagoon predator

Postby Cugel » Sat, 12Mar31 22:02

rabbie wrote:Can you upload it somewhere else? My provider blocks rapidshare...

Can you send me a PM with the names of file hosting sites that are not blocked by your ISP?

Then I'll take care of that for you in a return PM.
Cugel
lagoon predator

Postby Graen » Sat, 12Mar31 22:06

Two things I'll comment on.

First, putting a strict linear game into an engine that supports non-linear story telling is going to be counter-intuitive to people used to playing non-linear games in that engine. That's pretty much nobody's fault. You work with the tools you have available.

Second, clutter is a wonderful thing for filling up a world. Not so much for a book. If this were a game where I could interact with things in various combinations of different ways, producing amusing albeit useless results, I could appreciate all the extras added. However if I'm going through the author's story with no hope of deviation, I'd want him to lead me along on his journey, not for me to stumble and trip over every random piece of gardening equipment along the way.

RE File-Hosting: MediaFire is still my favorite file sharing service, as it has been quick and painless from my experiences with using it.
Image LoPteam.blogspot.com
Image graenwerks.blogspot.com
Graen
legend of the South Seas

Postby rabbie » Sat, 12Mar31 23:06

Cugel wrote:
rabbie wrote:Can you upload it somewhere else? My provider blocks rapidshare...

Can you send me a PM with the names of file hosting sites that are not blocked by your ISP?

Then I'll take care of that for you in a return PM.

Honestly i think its just rapidshare, everything else tend to work fine, i downloaded your game from another house and stuck it on a usb stick so i have it now, about to start playing [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]
rabbie
lagoon predator

Postby Greebo » Sat, 12Mar31 23:08

Why not complain to your ISP?
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby Jiimbojones » Sat, 12Mar31 23:46

A bug I found is that loading a new game or an old save during the shower scene seems to screw everything up. It seems to get stuck in fantasy mode no matter what.

I would like if there was one place to click to "turn right" or left, having to right click then go to the drop down menu for such a common task is a bit annoying.

Otherwise seems like lots of fun so far.
Jiimbojones
great white shark

Postby Cugel » Sat, 12Mar31 23:49

Jiimbojones wrote:A bug I found is that loading a new game or an old save during the shower scene seems to screw everything up. It seems to get stuck in fantasy mode no matter what.

I would like if there was one place to click to "turn right" or left, having to right click then go to the drop down menu for such a common task is a bit annoying.

Otherwise seems like lots of fun so far.

I agree with you, but the game engine does not have any mechanism for an author to add hot spots or anything like that, so the action menus are what we have to work with. There are tips on saving and loading games in the Game info in the Help menu.
Cugel
lagoon predator

Postby Cugel » Sat, 12Mar31 23:52

Just put V 1.1 download URLs on first post.
Cugel
lagoon predator

Postby Tai » Sun, 12Apr01 00:51

Im stuck at day 1....... I have checked every single room and turned to every single place, but cant leave this house or do anythin more
Tai
sirens hunter

Postby Tai » Sun, 12Apr01 00:56

Tai wrote:Im stuck at day 1....... I have checked every single room and turned to every single place, but cant leave this house or do anythin more

ah nvm found the solution dang -_-
needed to feed da fish :D
Tai
sirens hunter

Postby Jiimbojones » Sun, 12Apr01 01:22

Finished it and that was fun. Only a few times where I was completely lost and had to check everything, but luckily you are stuck in a smaller location when that happens and you don't have to explore the entire map.

I guess I missed one of the dreams, so If anyone wants to pm that to me that would be great.

Nice work man.
Jiimbojones
great white shark

PreviousNext

Return to RAGS games