Dangerous Assets 1 by Cugel

The specific forum for rags games creators

Re: Dangerous Assets 1 by Cugel

Postby bosbrand » Mon, 12Apr02 08:13

I reinstalled using the .exe from the RAGS site instead of the .msi, and that did the trick. Seems like the .msi doesn't check the prereqs like the .exe does, and that I still needed the MS SQL server installed.
bosbrand
great white shark

Postby Tai » Mon, 12Apr02 10:57

I found a bug when the stranger died i took a photo of him and saved the game. Then i exited the game and when i loaded the game the image is now gone and i cant capture a new one.. Now im permanently stuck and cant do anything cause i cant take the photo anymore zzzz

EDIT: I made a new game now and fixed everything, but i also found a new bug when i started the new game, now im able to call 911 after i fnished my work with the stranger, but with my old save i couldnt
Tai
sirens hunter

sex: Masculine

Postby Cugel » Mon, 12Apr02 12:56

Tai wrote:I found a bug when the stranger died i took a photo of him and saved the game. Then i exited the game and when i loaded the game the image is now gone and i cant capture a new one.. Now im permanently stuck and cant do anything cause i cant take the photo anymore zzzz

EDIT: I made a new game now and fixed everything, but i also found a new bug when i started the new game, now im able to call 911 after i fnished my work with the stranger, but with my old save i couldnt

Saves and loads seem to be a real problem. The game should save the state of all objects and variables but part of the problem is a lag between when a value is updated and when it is committed to the database. In debugging I've come across cases where a value was changed in the programming code but the new value did not stick until one or two turns later. This is all done under the covers so I only know how to minimize the risk with the save/load tips that are in the Help, Game Info page. Sorry about the trouble.

In the future please use PM or the hide spoiler option when game details are being discussed.

Thanks.
Cugel
lagoon predator

Postby sylakone2 » Mon, 12Apr02 13:40

cheese101 wrote:
sylakone2 wrote:Stuck on day 4
I have found the map on the coin. I found out in the browser that it is a spelunking map but what do I do now I have serached all over the house and can't find anymore to do.

Any clues?

try checking the shed, took me ages as well

Thanks yeah i finally found it. Good game Cugel keep up the good work.
Cheers Sy
sylakone2
lagoon predator

Postby MaxHammer » Mon, 12Apr02 20:08

Hi Cugel
Great work, I have read through the discussions and even if this is a linear story rather than a game, you can still spend a lot of time. It is anyways questionable whether the linearity is so bad, regarding real life where you maybe have an idea but don't have the time to execute (referring to the Pepper-story), so for me the things here are still giving a challenging impression. Have tried to get the different pathes and had crashes with saving/loading as mentioned in other replies but this did not keep me from restarting several times...
It needs a lot of creativity and you have made different types of games, also Brenda is a great thing, both systems you use, how you work with the animations and graphics. In RAGS a lot of story comes with the game, what also makes it much more entertaining.

Looking forward to the next part, if you need a tester, ready to do so ;-)

Best regards
Max
MaxHammer
sirens hunter

Postby Blackfeather » Mon, 12Apr02 20:17

Just wanted to say I love this game and had lots of fun playing it. However I haven't been able to figure out how to date Nikki yet. I read the hint about thinking about her but so far I can't figure out how to do it despite several play throughs.
Blackfeather
Pilot fish

Postby andPS2 » Mon, 12Apr02 20:20

Hi cugel
great game esp the writing is very good.
One question:
So if u get one date then the it could have been better message referes to the other date that u missed
correct? So if u get both with separate playthroughs + 2 dreams then u got everything there is?
andPS2
lagoon predator

Postby Cugel » Mon, 12Apr02 20:26

andPS2 wrote:Hi cugel
great game esp the writing is very good.
One question:
So if u get one date then the it could have been better message referes to the other date that u missed
correct? So if u get both with separate playthroughs + 2 dreams then u got everything there is?

Exactly - yes. Thanks for the compliment.
Cugel
lagoon predator

Postby Cugel » Mon, 12Apr02 20:32

Blackfeather wrote:Just wanted to say I love this game and had lots of fun playing it. However I haven't been able to figure out how to date Nikki yet. I read the hint about thinking about her but so far I can't figure out how to do it despite several play throughs.

Check your PMs.
Cugel
lagoon predator

Postby Jiimbojones » Mon, 12Apr02 21:01

Cugel wrote:
Tai wrote:I found a bug when the stranger died i took a photo of him and saved the game. Then i exited the game and when i loaded the game the image is now gone and i cant capture a new one.. Now im permanently stuck and cant do anything cause i cant take the photo anymore zzzz

Saves and loads seem to be a real problem. The game should save the state of all objects and variables but part of the problem is a lag between when a value is updated and when it is committed to the database. In debugging I've come across cases where a value was changed in the programming code but the new value did not stick until one or two turns later. This is all done under the covers so I only know how to minimize the risk with the save/load tips that are in the Help, Game Info page. Sorry about the trouble.

In the future please use PM or the hide spoiler option when game details are being discussed.

Thanks.

Don't know if this will help or not, but one thing I noticed when I was having issues loading and saving a game is that object names got screwed up. I made a save around the shower scene and when I load it back up in the bathroom the sand dollar is now called "sand dollar-bathroom cabinet" and my phone is called "mobile phone-player" and if I go to examine the phone an error box pops up saying "rags cannot process the command correctly. If you are the game author, please correct the error in this command: CT_DISPLAYITEMDESC."

I would also love someone long time if they could pm me how to get the not-mermaid dream.
Jiimbojones
great white shark

Postby smokindavis » Mon, 12Apr02 23:58

I've been having an issue extracting after the download. Part 1 and 2 seem fine but it keeps saying that part 3 is either in an unknown format or damaged. I've downloaded it twice but same thing happened.
smokindavis
great white shark

Postby smokindavis » Tue, 12Apr03 05:44

smokindavis wrote:I've been having an issue extracting after the download. Part 1 and 2 seem fine but it keeps saying that part 3 is either in an unknown format or damaged. I've downloaded it twice but same thing happened.

I finally figured out how to repair it. I didn't rename the rebuilt file. That was my issue.
smokindavis
great white shark

Postby xortan » Tue, 12Apr03 12:02

Could you guys upload it to somewhere else? Rapidshare doesn't really work when it doesn't want to.
xortan
great white shark

Postby psycho72 » Tue, 12Apr03 15:07

You have reached the end of Dangerous Assets 1.

Achievements

1. You managed to have a sexual encounter with Nikki. This is good but it could have been better.

2. You managed to get the Mermaid dream.

3. You missed out on a dream sequence.

:na:
psycho72
lagoon predator

Postby Yosoyyomismo » Thu, 12Apr05 00:01

I already try to download this rag from Rapidshare 5-6 times and no luck. Could you please upload this game to another filesharing hosting?
Thank you guys.
Yosoyyomismo
Pilot fish

PreviousNext

Return to RAGS games