RagsGamesForum

The specific forum for rags games creators

Re: RagsGamesForum

Postby magictricks » Sun, 16Jun26 04:31

*Updated*
I've beaten the game and I've got some hints about the girls that I missed the first two times around. When you win, you see a picture of 6 girls, the ones that you've "unlocked" are clear and the ones that you missed are blurred. Thanks to a bug in the game designer, I found a way to view the images, which were a big help in finding the last one. The six girls are:
[list]
[*]Bree (of course)
[*]Helene (free rent!)
[*]Charlene (decoded code word & unscramble)
[*]Vicky (the tutor/researcher)
[*]Melanie (you have to match her meanness)
[*]Elaine (you have to do something that seems like it would cause you to lose the game)

There's also a couple of things that I'd like to see that appears to be based on the images, but I don't know how to go about it.
There's a picture of our favorite mentor in jail. I assume it would have to do with the police officer, but haven't found a path to get towards that. The officer doesn't seem to do anything after investigating the trails at night and coming back apparently hypnotized to forget. Also, anyone know the computer developer password?
magictricks
Pilot fish

sex: Masculine

Postby ptmg30 » Wed, 16Jun29 12:30

that's part of his backstory when you first meat him.
ptmg30
lagoon predator

Postby grimgor » Wed, 16Jun29 14:34

hello, has someone solve the helene's dilemma in mindshift? i'm stuck to this puzzle
grimgor
great white shark

Postby magictricks » Fri, 16Jul01 05:45

grimgor wrote:hello, has someone solve the helene's dilemma in mindshift? i'm stuck to this puzzle

It's a tricky one. You get 4 sets of clues, one from each of the three contractors and one from Helene's note. You can use a logic grid to solve, which is what I did (contractor, job, time). Then just assign and wait.

The big clues are that two have to be as far away from each other time-wise, so one gets the first slot and one gets the last. And one contractor, Ricky, doesn't show up at all, and you need to do his job at the right time. If you aren't familiar with logic grids, just guess and check until you find something that works for all clues.
magictricks
Pilot fish

Postby grimgor » Fri, 16Jul01 09:58

ok thanks. i will try :crazy:
grimgor
great white shark

Postby azrael » Wed, 16Jul20 02:15

anyone know what is the word to hypnose bree?
azrael
great white shark

Postby redle » Thu, 16Jul21 21:01

azrael wrote:anyone know what is the word to hypnose bree?

Assuming you are talking about the very early stages of the game, part of the hint is in the question. If I remember correctly, it appears as part of the pop-up window titlebar (in the form of "Tell her to XXXX XXXXXXX"). The X's indicate word and letter count for the correct answer.

As a further hint
The various things about the room give hints to the final answer. The answer is only a single thing (although 2 words). The one that makes it most obvious is the clue hidden inside the locked desk drawer.

And if you just really can't solve it (well, be forewarned that the game is filled with similar type puzzles), then the answer is
quit smoking
redle
star of the reef

Postby Catherder » Sat, 16Aug06 21:29

grimgor wrote:hello, has someone solve the helene's dilemma in mindshift? i'm stuck to this puzzle

Im stuck on mindshift helena dilemna as well.

Here the clue i got so far:

Concrete must be done at 11h
Planters must be done at 11h or 14h ( since concrete is at 11h ) only possibility is 14h

Repairing planters can only be done by Jose or Ricky

Sheldon is at 9h (Ricky must have the 1st and last shift. Since ricky dont show in the morning that leave Sheldon
Ricky should be at 16h
Manny can only do 11h ( Since he cant do last shift he can only do 9h 11h 14h, cant do 9h that sheldon, cant do planters that 14h)

Ricky said he was going to do the windows, so Sheldon wont do them.

Jose should be working after the windows will be done maybe...

That leave me with that grid :

Sheldon, Paint, 9h
Manny Concrete, 11h
Jose, Planters, 14h
Ricky, windows 16h

Just think about it again, and i made a mistake. need to switch 2 job. the rest time and worker are fine

I hope my grid is correct and my only problem is the mecanic on how to assign that. I did assign all the task to the 3 guys present, and burn the 20energy for the windows at 16h. or is there something else i should have done?
Catherder
lagoon predator

Postby Thanatos » Sat, 16Aug13 15:47

You got the grid mostly right, but you seem to have missed one clue.

Jose comes in after the windows, so they have to be done first, leaving the painting for you to do, so the final arrangement is this:

Sheldon, Windows, 9h
Manny, Concrete, 11h
Jose, Planters, 14h
You, Paint, 16h

I've gotten through the main game with Bree, and I've gotten to the scenes with Chandra and Helene, but past that I seem to have gotten a little bit stuck besides that. How do you go after the other women in the game? How do you acquire the force-trance?
Thanatos
Pilot fish

Postby VyseDyne » Wed, 16Nov02 22:59

Hi! I need hel with the game "Mindshft"

As another one, I'm stuck on the Bree hypnosis in the forest.

Redle said that : "I believe first you must wander around the whole forest area (you must step into every area that exists so the game considers you fully explored)."

But I don't understand how to step into every area, I'm trying to do it on different ways but I always loose... Any idea?

Thanks and have a nice day!
VyseDyne
Pilot fish

Postby Shotsy » Mon, 16Dec05 00:46

Is this the right place to ask for the latest version? Considering their whole site seems to be down and I can only find v2.4 out there.
Shotsy
Pilot fish

Postby Vitu » Mon, 17Feb27 21:48

I heard there was some sort of new update to Amalgam's Mindshift. Information on it scarce but after much searching I found a [url]working[/url] Ver.1.1b here:
http://www.hypnopics-collective.net/smf ... ic=22482.0
Last edited by Vitu on Mon, 17Feb27 22:27, edited 1 time in total.
Vitu
great white shark

Postby redle » Mon, 17Feb27 22:12

Probably better to get it from the man himself. Amalgam, the creator of Mindshift, actively talks on the hypnotics website.

redle
star of the reef

Postby Vitu » Mon, 17Feb27 22:29

redle wrote:Probably better to get it from the man himself. Amalgam, the creator of Mindshift, actively talks on the hypnotics website.

Thanks, edited the link and also registered myself to hypno collective - hadn't done that before and the authors **insert forbidden website name here** page seemed dead.
Vitu
great white shark

Previous

Return to RAGS games