Bodywerks ver 1.20 out

The specific forum for rags games creators

Re: Bodywerks ver 1.20 out

Postby Tjommi » Tue, 10Sep21 23:46

I can imagine some people have been waiting for this one.
In the hypno collective you can find the link to Bodywerks 1.20. If you go the last page of the game discussion thread you will see that the game have had a massive update. And to clarify.. this is not my game. I am just pointing you in the direction of where to find it.

You can find the game here:

http://hypnopics-collective.net/viewtop ... 11&t=17535
Tjommi
star of the reef

Postby blevins29 » Fri, 10Sep24 01:31

I can't get out of the hospital. If I enteract too much with anyone in one of the rooms the game is over. I assume I must get through the glass door to the stairs. What am I missing - I've examined every room?
blevins29
great white shark

Postby Tjommi » Sat, 10Sep25 22:55

my friend, what I recommend is that you visit the game thread, because there you will find answers to pretty much every location you will get stuck on, as tons of people have been stuck there before you. However to exit the first hospital corridor can be challenging, but not really that difficult. If I remember correctly you need to poke around and examine everything. At some point you will hear a noise. I don't remember exactly what triggered it, but I think it was after I had been in all the rooms and examined the glass door. After you hear that noise, there will be a nurse in that empty examination room, and if you do things right with here, you will get the key to get out of there from her.

I know this is a bit fleeting but I can't remember exactly what to do, however as I said, if you look at the download page, there is a link to the game discussion, and as this is in the beginning of the game( this game is HUGE,) I assue you will get the answer to how to get to the next corridor in the beginning of the game discussion thread.
Tjommi
star of the reef

Postby muppet787 » Fri, 10Oct01 07:25

I havetried to download but the file is unreadable?!![quote]
muppet787
great white shark

Postby amiga » Fri, 10Oct01 11:41

possible cause - you don't have installed the SQL Server Compact Runtime

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/d ... 0b323dce24
amiga
Pilot fish

Postby blevins29 » Fri, 10Oct01 17:04

I've had no problems with it working. This game is of epic proportions as far as Rags games go. It is extremely complicated and difficult. I've been playing off and on for 3 days now and still haven't got into the castle yet. There have been a few bugs but overall pretty bug free for such a large, multi-path, game. This is truely a challenge unlike most of the "games" out there.
blevins29
great white shark

Postby blevins29 » Thu, 10Oct07 19:06

muppet787 - I just updated RAGS from version 1.8 to version 1.9. I'm now getting the same message of "unreadable" for bodyworks. The other 9 RAGS games I have on my computer are still working fine but the upgrade zaps Bodyworks for some reason.
blevins29
great white shark

Postby truog » Fri, 10Oct08 15:14

Hi,
the link above seems dead..
can anybody who d/led the game u/l again somewhere please?
would be really cool..
thx

truog
truog
sirens hunter

Postby Tjommi » Fri, 10Oct08 18:18

If you look in the game creators post in the game thread, you will see him referring to a post to a discussion about breaking the passwords the game creators have set on the games to protect their content/codes/prevent people from changing the natural flow of the game.

What have happened is that the hacker, with the best intentions I belive used bodyworks as an example on how this could be done. The game creators have stated earlier that anyone that wish to see how he does things could pm him for the password to unlock the game in rags suite, but felt understandable enough violated when this was done on his game without asking him about it first. I think this is how it happened, I might be wrong, please do read the thread I mentioned to get the entire picture.

He have removed the game from the open marked and will release it again if and when this issue ( the rag suite/ragplayer need to get improved to prevent extracting the gamepassword with the help of some kind of scrïpt if I understand it correctly,) is resolved.

I could give you my version, but I think that would be morally wrong, as the game creator expressed his wishes that his game should not be distributed untill this issue is resolved. I am sorry, and let us all hope this issue is resolved quickly.
Tjommi
star of the reef

Postby Tjommi » Sat, 10Oct09 12:26

andd... it it's out again in new form, without password. From what he says in the post, it appear that this is the final release of this game.

Now all you little rag designers lurking out here got a golden opertunity to see the code behind such a massive game. But people respect his wishes that if you borrow from him to your own project, give credit where it's due!
Tjommi
star of the reef

Return to RAGS games