lydia's rags corner

The specific forum for rags games creators

Re: lydia's rags corner

Postby arcane » Thu, 10Apr08 21:51

I'd really like to play these games. Unfortunately, I can't register at http://hypnopics-collective.net. I get some strange error message ("Your registration has been blocked by our spam filter. Please either try again or contact an administrator (mesmereyes AT hypnopics-collective.net)_USERNAME") and the guys from the forum have not yet answered my email regarding this issue.

Can I get the games somewhere else or is there a trick to register at http://hypnopics-collective.net?

Thanks for your help.
arcane
Pilot fish

Postby lydia » Sat, 10Apr10 19:07

Empyrean wrote : Hi Lydia

The reason there is so much confusion both on your part and on the part of other members here is that as far as game design on the level you're doing is fairly new to this site. With exception to Shark's own games of course. The projects forum is something (as I see it at least), still a work in progress. There are bound to be misunderstandings and I hope these do not put you off your work.

Well expressed. It does seem the board is still in a state of determining what to do with rags games. For me, it's the usual trying to find a good home for my games. I'm still trying to see if the board will be a good fit while the board is trying to determine if I fit in also.

I do have one or two nitpicks though. A repetative mispell throughout the game (well the demo at least) for University Sim 2. You spelled expectations or expecting as "exspecations" or "exspect". As I said, just a nitpick but thought I'd share. ;) The other nitpick is the language your characters use is perhaps a little too, well... too thought out. Not sure if that makes sense. It might be better to say the language is too formal. Friends and even people who have just met tend to talk more casually than those in your game. Think about how you talk to people in your everyday life. ;)

I use to be very good at spelling, but whether its' reliance on spell check, etc., I've seen a reduction in this area. Plus, trying to write a scene, program it, and type it into the designer means that I'm not giving full attention to it. I need to get a word processor version on my computer to provide a check for me as one player suggested.

Not sure which game you are refering with the formal language. Perhaps all of them? I do have a different style you might say in speaking to others. My best friend has mentioned to me that in my manor game that the girl has some lydia moments. With the corwin universe, that's the way the characters spoke in my head. Not sure how I would go about changing this as its'more going for what feels right for the scene.

If you need any beta testing done then i'd be happy to offer any help. And I don't just mean spelling. lol.

I read about your recent problem in the hypnotics forum. I hope you're feeling better.

I'm working on a new version for manor that I'd like to have feedback on when it's ready. I hope that when I have an update, you might have some time to give the update a look.

Thanks for sharing your impressions and your concern.
lydia
great white shark

Postby lydia » Sat, 10Apr10 19:30

arcane wrote : I'd really like to play these games. Unfortunately, I can't register at http://hypnopics-collective.net. I get some strange error message ("Your registration has been blocked by our spam filter. Please either try again or contact an administrator (mesmereyes AT hypnopics-collective.net)_USERNAME") and the guys from the forum have not yet answered my email regarding this issue.

Can I get the games somewhere else or is there a trick to register at http://hypnopics-collective.net?

Thanks for your help.

I remember not receiving a confirmation of my registration for hypno, but when I tried the login later, everything worked fine.
Have you tried to email support at the site?

Thanks for the interest in my games. Currently I'm concentrating on my dartmoth manor game. I made a demo for it, but it was a really early version. The point of the demo was to see if there was player interest in seeing more of the game. I received a good number of yes votes if you will, so I'm working on an update. Thus the demo doesn't have much in the way of player choices or paths to explore. So posting the demo would only provide a flavor of the game. My university sim games have one that is basicly retired and the other is on hold for working on manor. So while I'm always interested in player thoughts, all my spare gaming moments are devoted to concentrating on manor so I don't confuse myself jumping between games.

I hope to have a manor update in a few weeks. I could provide a link for the manor demo if there is player interest. But please keep in mind that the demo is mostly just a prelude to the game and doesn't provide many gaming opportunities.
lydia
great white shark

Postby Drako » Sun, 10Apr11 17:25

Could anyone post a link to University Sim 1 and 2? I try to register at hypnotics, but I can't (spam filter). I send mail to administrator of that site, but still no reply.
Drako
Pilot fish

Postby lydia » Sun, 10Apr11 22:28

Thanks for the interest in my games Draco. I didn't realize people were having such problems with hypnopics. I've rather retired university sim 1 without an active download link for now and being here is kind of new for me. I'll try a university sim 2 thread and see what kind of response it receives as other players like yourself may be having problems with hypnopics.

University sim 2 has 11 endings but does have some construction zones as it were. The reponse rate for the game was such that it is the final public version. I may address providing more closure for the game, but this is essentially a final version. With 11 endings I think it well qualifies as belonging to the game section.
lydia
great white shark

Postby justme » Sun, 10Apr18 06:51

Just a question for the masses. Has anyone played the Dartmoth Manor demo and would there be interest in having the demo here to avoid the apparent issues some players are having with Hypnopics? An update is exspected in the coming weeks if players would prefer to wait for a fuller version of the game.
justme
great white shark

Postby Squeeky » Sun, 10Apr18 08:22

justme wrote : Just a question for the masses. Has anyone played the Dartmoth Manor demo and would there be interest in having the demo here to avoid the apparent issues some players are having with Hypnopics? An update is exspected in the coming weeks if players would prefer to wait for a fuller version of the game.
Initially I thought that you were unaware that Lydia is the creator but I see your comment one page previously.

I have a sense that Shark would not entertain that idea. Certainly he is hosting some HTML stories at Sharks Lagoon. Lydia does seem to be working around means for her RAGS to be available by other means anyway.
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

sex: Masculine

Postby justme » Sun, 10Apr18 20:42

Squeeky:

I was actually just suggesting having a thread here for her manor game with a link to the demo and/or the update if there was interest. I did not mean to infer that the game would be hosted here. Some players have expressed issues with the other site and perhaps this would be a way to increase the Rags presence on this board. Lydia hasn't been well, so I have been taking care of the postings for her.

If this is not the way you would like to have games featured, let me know so that I can change to what you would prefer to see.
justme
great white shark

Postby Squeeky » Mon, 10Apr19 02:33

That's fine. Always happy for clarification, disastrous if there are misunderstandings.
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby boontina » Wed, 10Jun16 00:01

1st of all she dose one heck of a job with the games, ive play alot of games and she dose have some of the best. most people on this site dont understand dating sims, so be thinkful someone is letting us play their game. i would love to test any game you come out with. also would love a pm to dating sim game
boontina
Pilot fish

Postby Trucla » Wed, 10Jun16 03:05

boontina wrote : most people on this site dont understand dating sims
Before making a statement like this, you should first know this forum. Image
Trucla
If a guy is hungry, don't feed him! Just offer a fishing rod and teach him fishing!
Trucla
legend of the South Seas

Postby lydia » Wed, 10Jun16 07:28

boontina wrote : 1st of all she dose one heck of a job with the games, ive play alot of games and she dose have some of the best. most people on this site dont understand dating sims, so be thinkful someone is letting us play their game. i would love to test any game you come out with. also would love a pm to dating sim game

Thanks for the support. Games that are popular will vary from one board to another. Plus some boards have more players who are comfortable posting to a thread than other boards. Add in player preference and it is primarily these things that factor into the responses.

Unfortunately our timing is a little off for testing. The testing for my dartmoth manor game has already been largely completed. I thank you for your interest though. Perhaps my next testing will be at a time that is good for your schedule.

My dating sim is university sim2 and has a link for the game plus the guide in a thread here. The thread link is:
http://sharks-lagoon.aceboard.fr/215394 ... ations.htm.
lydia
great white shark

Postby Squeeky » Mon, 10Jun28 09:39

lydia,
I'd seen RAG games mentioned but knew nothing of them. I seem to understand that I need a "player" to run what you people program into a game session.

While I'm not about to embark into RAGS, I feel that you hold together a pleasant sub-community within "the Lagoon". That is enhanced somewhat within "Projects". I trust that other Lagooners like me appreciate your contribution (sure there are others who contribute but you seem to be the 'hub').
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby lydia » Tue, 10Jun29 03:30

Squeeky wrote : lydia,
I'd seen RAG games mentioned but knew nothing of them. I seem to understand that I need a "player" to run what you people program into a game session.

While I'm not about to embark into RAGS, I feel that you hold together a pleasant sub-community within "the Lagoon". That is enhanced somewhat within "Projects". I trust that other Lagooners like me appreciate your contribution (sure there are others who contribute but you seem to be the 'hub').

The rags player can be found at:
http://www.ragsgame.com/Downloads.aspx

There are different versions of rags as the engine is still being worked on. What version someone needs depends upon the version the game creator used to make the game. I continue to use an old version that I learned to code for, so any of the player versions will play my games.

Thank you for the kind words. Good thing there's no pressure or anything. [img]images/icones/icon17.gif[/img] I hope that having a rags section has exposed new players to the game engine. I'm grateful for the testers that have already helped me with improving my manor game. Also those players who have taken the time to post to share their thoughts on my games. An update for manor still awaits deciding on a good cutoff point. The game's come a long way since the first demo and is very player friendly after all the testing it has undergone.
lydia
great white shark

Postby Squeeky » Tue, 10Jun29 03:52

It has come to my attention that my comment has been of some concern to one member of the Lagoon suggesting that I have been too generous with praise, and with due evidence to support that view.

I have apologised to that member but still these threads as a valuable forum for people of this ilk.
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

PreviousNext

Return to RAGS games