Detective X

The specific forum for rags games creators

Re: Detective X

Postby killerlaq » Mon, 10Sep13 20:28

this game is a challenge for sure. i managed to find some stuff but not how to get the info on the pills without calling jim. Does anyone know how?
killerlaq
great white shark

Postby LRM » Mon, 10Sep13 23:35

I got the answer from Angelina in the toilet.
L
Got Wood?
LRM

sex: Masculine

Postby nvtsbamf » Wed, 10Sep15 05:49

ok this is kicking my ass. im on day 5, out of cash, and out of things to do. i also dont see how to figure out the pills w/o calling jim
nvtsbamf
great white shark

Postby Thrain » Wed, 10Sep15 10:35

@nvtsbamf: check women toilet after the first time you meet angelina !
Thrain
great white shark

Postby nvtsbamf » Thu, 10Sep16 11:37

hmm, nothing happening there. maybe i visited it too early
nvtsbamf
great white shark

Postby Thrain » Thu, 10Sep16 17:34

One other hint, nvtsbamf.
The right time to check women toilet is during day 2. Be carefull when you read the message when you try to enter: At right time, you get a different message even if you stay in room named mall !
Thrain
great white shark

Postby Norse Graphics » Sat, 10Sep18 17:42

The problem is to get money.

First I got the date at the resturant, then the club, and through Jimmy the pill. It stops because the character is out of cash, and can't afford to get there. Anybody knows how to aquire money except you-know-how with the 100 Euro's each time?
Norse Graphics
great white shark

Postby ExLibris » Sun, 10Sep19 01:30

Look up a couple of posts. You don't actually need to get the pill from Jimmy, although it is a good idea to go donate every day as long as your mojo doesn't get too low (below 10 from memory)
ExLibris
legend of the South Seas

sex: Female

Postby Norse Graphics » Sun, 10Sep19 07:15

Ohh, I got the pill from when meeting Sabrina. The quest ends because of low funds... I then go to dinner with her, and through her the strip club. Then it is through Jimmy I go to the other club, and this drains the funds. The question is how to replenish and/or get more money to continue the quest. To go to the party, and see what happens there.

So far I've avoided buying the camera (for the Jenna sidequest), and some other things. Do the photo-quest gives money to continue, or is it just a waste of time?
Norse Graphics
great white shark

Postby justme » Sun, 10Sep19 10:07

Intersting game but I don't seem to follow the logic very well. Is there a reason for many of the rooms? I've made it to the red club twice but hit dead ends about this time. I've done the photo shoot with bowling girl. Haven't figured out how to make the beach site work so I've used the stay home path. Done the home visit as a 'worker' with a look up to see another girl. Had the bathroom visit and chose having diner with her. Take her home for the massage but nversee her again. Given the upstairs neighbor various gifts and she has gotten more friendly, but stuck now with her as well.

Haven't found anyone I can give the pill to or a use for the wireless camera. Is there a time length on the game? I keep sleeping to see if a new day will trigger a way to get unstuck, but the game just keeps going.

A nudge or two in the right direction would be great.
justme
great white shark

Postby ExLibris » Sun, 10Sep19 10:15

You don't actually *need* to contact Jimmy for anything, it's just a safety net in case you miss something in the adventure proper. For example (if I'm remembering correctly) you can get the location of the second club from someone in the first club.

Only a couple of the items that you can buy are actually vital to the main plot, the others just give you access to additional pictorials.

You will have to earn some money via donating a couple of times, but unless you spend a lot of money on strippers (for example) you don't actually need that much (although I agree it is quite easy to get into a position where you don't have enough money to progress at all)
ExLibris
legend of the South Seas

Postby Norse Graphics » Sun, 10Sep19 22:48

Doesn't work. Every time I ask the barmaid, the only option is 'No' when she asks if I come from the Red club.
Norse Graphics
great white shark

Postby cheese101 » Sun, 10Sep19 23:01

i have the same problem as norse graphics,i have worn suit and still can't say yes about red club...
cheese101
star of the reef

Postby ExLibris » Mon, 10Sep20 00:01

The barmaid isn't the only NPC in the strip club is she?

Getting the location of the Red Club does cost money, but a lot less than it would if you asked Jimmy.
ExLibris
legend of the South Seas

Postby Norse Graphics » Mon, 10Sep20 07:47

Naah, doesn't work. Tried Julie, no info and loss of money.
Norse Graphics
great white shark

PreviousNext

Return to RAGS games