Yet Another Dating Sim

The specific forum for rags games creators

Re: Yet Another Dating Sim

Postby Tjommi » Sun, 10Jan03 01:42

Sorry Trucla I didn't fully read the debate and jumped to the conclution that you could not get a newer version of the player and the tool, that's why I posted that link there.

When it comes to how to get by the sleeping beauty ending there is a trap and here ( provided I do everything right ) hidden in a light blue coloured spoiler is how :
[color=C2E0FF] When you visit your neighbour after you have been spying on her for the first time you flirt a bit with her. Then you get to the critical point where you can decide wether to look closer on her butt or not. if you are a good boy and behave you bypass the sleeping beauty ending. [/color]

Mark the the text in this textbox with your mouse to see spoiler.
Tjommi
star of the reef

Postby Trucla » Sun, 10Jan03 03:04

Thanks Tjommi!

In court I would swear that I had tried it, and didn't work! But it worked now! Did you cast some spell on the net? :lol:

@Yads: First of all congratulations and thanks for bringing to us a RAGS game that doesn't involve mind control, transformations and violence, all stuff that I refuse straight away.

Now, the cons:

1.- As Almeida pointed out, the game is a monster (in size) and if you reduced the images to 512 it could have a much more reasonable dimension.

2.- As Almeida said too, there are too many rooms without a purpose. You could have a couple of them, with descrïptions, as "red herrings", but at least five with no descrïption at all is too much.

3.- In (A)IF each room and object must have a full descrïption. You did it with objects but not with rooms. Besides if in a room descrïption you talk about some object, it must be in the list of the room's objects.

4.- In RAGS, the image box is for illustrating the text and not for replacing it. This is a comment related to the contents of one of your posts, not about the game itself. Just like you, English is not my native language, just my third, but a well written text is what I appreciate more in a game.

5.- I found at least a bug: if you take the binoculars, go to the balcony, watch the neighbourhood and don't keep watching, come down and knock at the door, there is no answer and there is no way to end the game (good or bad ending), besides closing the window. I found this because I was trying as many possibilities as possible for avoiding the sleeping beauty...

OK these are my two cents about your first game!

Before I sign, when you correct some parts and eventually add some more stuff to your game I volunteer to beta test it.

Cheers!
Trucla
If a guy is hungry, don't feed him! Just offer a fishing rod and teach him fishing!
Trucla
legend of the South Seas

sex: Masculine

Postby ronin3d » Sun, 10Jan03 10:07

First post here...boy I lurk too much!

Personally, I am enjoying this game...however, I am stuck. I tried "being good" as mentioned, but I still just get to watch her go to bed. Is there any other traps? I have seriously tried like 25 times....I haven't done the math, but I have to have hit all the possible options.
ronin3d
Pilot fish

Postby yads » Sun, 10Jan03 14:33

Hi all,

Thanks again for your suggestions. So far no clues from me, since in 1 or 2 days I will release another version with more content. This time I think I cannot test it properly only myself, so if anybody is willing to be a beta tester, please let me know (Trucla is the first).
yads
sirens hunter

Postby Trucla » Sun, 10Jan03 16:33

@Yads: PM me with link when you're ready...
Trucla
If a guy is hungry, don't feed him! Just offer a fishing rod and teach him fishing!
Trucla
legend of the South Seas

Postby AngryH » Sun, 10Jan03 20:53

Two other dead ends (issues/bugs or whatever you call them):

1) If they drink too much at the bar, you find yourself in your house, but you still have the option to "go somewhere else" (the smoking smiley) If you click on it, she accepts going shopping, but of course you can't...
2) If you drink the wine before the final scene, again there is no proper ending but it seems there is nothing you can do.

I just did what Tjommi wrote (in blue :) ) but it seems you have to do something more...
AngryH
lagoon predator

Postby Trucla » Sun, 10Jan03 21:36

AngryH wrote : I just did what Tjommi wrote (in blue :) ) but it seems you have to do something more...
As suggested in the game itself, don't zoom...
Trucla
Trucla
legend of the South Seas

Postby yads » Mon, 10Jan04 06:27

The new version is ready and now is in beta testing. A lot of things has been added since the last version.

@Trucla: PM sent with details.
yads
sirens hunter

Postby psycho72 » Mon, 10Jan04 08:36

yads i look forward to the update
cheers!!!
psycho72
lagoon predator

Postby xravensfan » Tue, 10Jan05 08:25

I will also beta test if you want it.
xravensfan
lagoon predator

Postby ronin3d » Tue, 10Jan05 09:30

Looking forward to it. So, I didn't zoom (dang it) and was a good boy. Got my reward. Thanks!
ronin3d
Pilot fish

Postby yads » Tue, 10Jan05 15:41

xravensfan wrote : I will also beta test if you want it.

Thanks, I will send you a PM shortly.
yads
sirens hunter

Postby yads » Tue, 10Jan05 18:08

Hi all,

There is a new version now with a lot of new content. Is almost the same size like the previous version, but now there are almost 300 pics (in a low resolution - anyway it should be good enough).

You can get the latest version from here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/330696159/YADS_v0.2.1.rag

Please let me know if you find any bugs. Thanks and enjoy.
yads
sirens hunter

Postby Trucla » Tue, 10Jan05 23:14

A few words just for put things clear:

1.- On the 4th at about 2.30 AM I received a file for beta-testing.

2.- On the 4th at about 23:45 I've sent the author my first impressions and advice, together with some needed fixings, stating that I hadn't finished yet. Up to now I didn't receive any reply.

3.- Today when coming to the forum I saw this last post from the author. There was also one PM with the same link without any reference to my mail comments. I've waited some hours for an explanation that didn't come up.

4.- Therefore I don't know if any of my words were read, and don't want to know anymore. Please play the game as not tested by me.

Thanks!
Trucla
Trucla
legend of the South Seas

Postby almeida67 » Wed, 10Jan06 00:22

Hi Trucla, and my PM, you receive it? Cheers
almeida67
lagoon predator

PreviousNext

Return to RAGS games