Postby andPS2 » Sun, 11Feb20 15:34

started a new game with rags 2.0 and
game 1.3 now it works fine!
andPS2
lagoon predator

Re: Xtracurricular Activities - Adult RAGS game

Postby Nomad » Sun, 11Feb20 16:00

Hi Guys and Girls :)

so far i managed to solve all puzzels, but now im really stuck, dont know what to do on day5 to get the upgrade for the handheld
bought all fruits and tried all combination but ...... only 2 task left
Nomad
Pilot fish

Postby andPS2 » Sun, 11Feb20 17:21

got the normal end
a little hint on getting the bonus day
would be nice :)
andPS2
lagoon predator

Postby Son-of-Odin » Sun, 11Feb20 18:19

lol, now I´m stuck myself on day 7. Can´t figure out in what order to ask what girl. Has anybody solved this day?
Son-of-Odin
star of the reef

Postby Juju » Sun, 11Feb20 18:24

I'm stuck with the hand lotion. I need help please!
Juju
Pilot fish

sex: Masculine

Postby Cugel » Sun, 11Feb20 21:49

Hi everybody.
I tried to write this game in a logical challenging way, but my intent was not to trick the player. Besides the hints in the Player Actions there are hints scattered throughout the text and in the images themselves. Some things are esoteric, I'll grant you that, but even if you didn't Google "hand cream ingredients", you could still sort of stumble across the solution in the game eventually.

Getting to day 7 is not easy. You have to do a certain thing on each of 3 days. Below are the hints I'm considering adding to the game. Perhaps they will help those of you who are that far along until I put out a new version.

Condition: Player triggers tutor lesson on first attempt (Either because they used something they observed about the tutor as a guide - or they played the game more than once or twice ;-).
Hint: "You are on your way to unlocking access to the puzzle that could get you to day 7."

The only other advice I have is when it stops being interesting and/or fun, get away from it for a while. The human brain does not work on problems well when we demand it to do so. Stress and frustration is like constipation of the cortex. Our thinking works best in the background when we are out walking, or taking a shower or whatever. Like a boss telling you, "We need a creative, innovative solution to blah...blah...blah, and we need it today! So don't leave your desk, or make any calls, don't even text anybody until you have something. It could go badly for you if you fail!" You should leave your desk, and not come back - ever.

Yours,
Cugel
lagoon predator

Postby Zero1979 » Sun, 11Feb20 22:02

I understand someone has had the same problem:

At the end of Day 3, when I am talking with Adisa, the conversation never stops, despite my getting all the questions right. I am using the newest RAGS player and the newest download (v13).

Is this a bug?
Zero1979
Pilot fish

Postby Cugel » Sun, 11Feb20 22:07

Zero1979 wrote : I understand someone has had the same problem:

At the end of Day 3, when I am talking with Adisa, the conversation never stops, despite my getting all the questions right. I am using the newest RAGS player and the newest download (v13).

Is this a bug?

Hi. I need to know if you get stuck in the question/answer loop (big white hot spot lines of text on the right of the screen), or the conversation itself (where you have to hit the Continue button multiple times until you get control back).

Thanks,
Cugel
lagoon predator

Postby Zero1979 » Sun, 11Feb20 22:19

Its the question/answer loop. She asks me about what i learned on my lesson. The questions keep repeating and i can't cancel them.
Zero1979
Pilot fish

Postby ttant » Sun, 11Feb20 22:25

I think, you give one or more bad answer...
ttant
star of the reef

Postby Zero1979 » Sun, 11Feb20 22:40

Sorted it - it said a question was right when it wasn't.

Thanks
Zero1979
Pilot fish

Postby SeeNaked » Sun, 11Feb20 23:01

Hi everybody.
I tried to write this game in a logical challenging way, but my intent was not to trick the player. Besides the hints in the Player Actions there are hints scattered throughout the text and in the images themselves. Some things are esoteric, I'll grant you that, but even if you didn't Google "hand cream ingredients", you could still sort of stumble across the solution in the game eventually.

Getting to day 7 is not easy. You have to do a certain thing on each of 3 days. Below are the hints I'm considering adding to the game. Perhaps they will help those of you who are that far along until I put out a new version.

Condition: Player triggers tutor lesson on first attempt (Either because they used something they observed about the tutor as a guide - or they played the game more than once or twice ;-).
Hint: "You are on your way to unlocking access to the puzzle that could get you to day 7."

The only other advice I have is when it stops being interesting and/or fun, get away from it for a while. The human brain does not work on problems well when we demand it to do so. Stress and frustration is like constipation of the cortex. Our thinking works best in the background when we are out walking, or taking a shower or whatever. Like a boss telling you, "We need a creative, innovative solution to blah...blah...blah, and we need it today! So don't leave your desk, or make any calls, don't even text anybody until you have something. It could go badly for you if you fail!" You should leave your desk, and not come back - ever.

Yours,

That last piece of advice is especially good :D it always helps to walk away from something and come back later.

I've got a PM waiting with the solution to the Lip Balm problem, but i'm going to take another shot at it before I read the PM :D

oh, and I posted in the Yahoo group as well, but I'll post it here as well:

Hey Cugel,

I totally understand that you weren't trying to make this insanely hard, and it does require some thinking. I figured out the hand cream easily enough, and I know that the lip balm requires honey....

Anyway, I want to thank you for making this game, so far (i'm on day 4) I've had a ton of fun. When I first started it and got to the first set of questions by Adisa, I was like "Whoa...there's a lot of choices" and I had to actually THINK about what I should answer... good job.

One thing I did notice... in the set of questions with the first tutor (The asian girl...can't spell her name :P)), and in the checkup questions with Adisa, I got some of them wrong, and it went into a loop of the questions until I got them right. I figured you planned it that way, but I'm just making a note to ask.

Thanks again!
SeeNaked
Pilot fish

Postby daveon » Mon, 11Feb21 00:08

Sigh... ok, so, um. can't get lipbalm. I've got beeswax... And I'm sure the coconut but I can't get it... so... yeah. Help por favor?
daveon
sirens hunter

Postby quarthinos » Mon, 11Feb21 01:59

To get the coconut requires you to climb the tree.

Lumberjacks have a special technique for climbing trees, and they don't wear suspenders ;)

Can anyone say if the crystal is necessary for the seventh day?
quarthinos
sirens hunter

Postby Cugel » Mon, 11Feb21 02:16

Zero1979 wrote : Sorted it - it said a question was right when it wasn't.

Thanks

Cool - now I have a bug to fix. Sorry for the confusion.
Cugel
lagoon predator

PreviousNext

Return to RAGS games