About You (Introduce yourself in this topic)

You must introduce yourself in this section. It’s a sign of respect for the other members of the community. After that, you will be able to participate in the discussions in all the sections.

Re: About You (Introduce yourself in this topic)

Postby LJames713 » Tue, 16Jul19 03:49

I'm 40, and I live in the United States.

I work as a Writer, Illustrator, 3d Render Artist, Graphic Designer and Film-maker.

I stumbled onto this site, as I'd been searching for places where I may learn more about making my own games, while using the extensive amount of computer rendered models I've already created.
LJames713
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Postby fungs » Tue, 16Jul19 12:36

hi all

I'm a new member, nice to meet all of you [img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img]
fungs
Pilot fish

Postby Hindemith » Tue, 16Jul19 18:04

I'm 25, from Brazil and study engineering. I am here because of ArianeB [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]
Hindemith
great white shark

Postby Asdref » Tue, 16Jul19 20:54

Hi all,

I'm following games of Shark's Lagoon, Vdategames and others since a few years. Recently I decided to create my own sexy game, so I'm here to take advice and to freely share my game when it will be done. I love the "vdategames" style game but I would like to improve a bit the gameplay. To create this game I am currently learning 3D render, so I can share my experience (I work with daz3d). I can discuss too about programing web based game.
Asdref
sirens hunter

Postby DukeNewton » Wed, 16Jul20 01:28

Hello all!

Im 23 years old and just finished my degree in Finance. Finally decided to register!
DukeNewton
Pilot fish

Postby skramp » Fri, 16Jul22 00:19

Hi guys!

After some time lking in this site I finally decided to join.

I'm 32 and I'm a programmer, who also dabbles in digital art.
skramp
Pilot fish

Postby Cyber » Sun, 16Jul24 04:02

Hello. I'm new user on the forum. My English no so good, but I will be try be helpful [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img]
Cyber
Pilot fish

Postby LRM » Sun, 16Jul24 06:14

Welcome all new members.
@ Cyber;
We're multi-national. You can post in whatever language works the best for you.
@ everyone; and Cyber;
Because we're multinational and some of us need translators... no posts can contain slang or text. All words must be complete, correctly spelled, punctuated, and capitalized.
Also please remember "kiss" (keep it simple stupid). Small common use words no matter what language work the best.
LRM
I use Chrome with the "After the Deadline (AtD)" add-on. It's a grammar/spelling checker. It helps me remember to kiss. I recommend you use something similar. One last point "read"... your post before you move on to something else. Often what you meant to write and what you posted are not the same. AtD helps with that too.
Got Wood?
LRM

Postby charlesb » Sun, 16Jul24 17:09

Hello,
I'm 25 years old, long time lurker of this forum. I love to play good written erotic/sex games and I try to write my own interesting stories & choose your own adventure type games.
charlesb
Pilot fish

Postby Ivlia » Sun, 16Jul24 21:59

LRM wrote:You can post in whatever language works the best for you.

http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2677#p52190:
Squeeky wrote:We view Russian text as spam, apologies.

[img]smile/eek.gif[/img]
P.S.
George Orwell wrote:All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.

:D
Ivlia
great white shark

sex: Female

Postby LRM » Sun, 16Jul24 22:36

Ivlia

That was done because it seemed every Russian post was spam. Many spam blockers block entire languages (blocks of IPs) for that very reason.
Is Russian your native language?
If yes, would you prefer to use it?
Got Wood?
LRM

Postby Pedro2K16 » Sun, 16Jul24 23:10

Hello, I am human who help create game, and hoping someday create my own games )
Pedro2K16
sirens hunter

Postby Ivlia » Mon, 16Jul25 21:58

LRM wrote:That was done because it seemed every Russian post was spam. Many spam blockers block entire languages (blocks of IPs) for that very reason.

Almost all spam letters that I received on my e-mail address were written in English. :)

LRM wrote:Is Russian your native language?

No. But my native language is also used the Cyrillic alphabet.

LRM wrote:If yes, would you prefer to use it?

No. Firstly, as I read, the Russian text is viewed as a spam in this forum. Secondly, I think that not so many forum members can understand posts in Russian. As for me, on-line translators are not so good for the Russian <--> English translations.
Ivlia
great white shark

sex: Female

Postby Trucla » Tue, 16Jul26 00:51

Hi Ivlia, welcome aboard!
Risking to go off-topic and being punished by that, I can't stay silent about all this.
LRM wrote:That was done because it seemed every Russian post was spam. Many spam blockers block entire languages (blocks of IPs) for that very reason.
It's true that many many posts written in Cyrillic that appeared in this forum were really pure spam, not because of the language but because of the links inside those posts. I myself reported a lot of those.
LRM wrote:Is Russian your native language?

Ivlia wrote:No. But my native language is also used the Cyrillic alphabet.

LRM wrote:If yes, would you prefer to use it?

Ivlia wrote:No. Firstly, as I read, the Russian text is viewed as a spam in this forum. Secondly, I think that not so many forum members can understand posts in Russian. As for me, on-line translators are not so good for the Russian <--> English translations.
As for the first part I think I've already given an explanation above.
For the second you are absolutely right. All translators - and I mean in every languages I know - (on or off line) are reasonable for translating single words. When it comes to sentences they are all miserable. In a forum - now dead - I used to frequent for many years with two official languages, being Russian one of them, there was a little section (English only) where I was rather active. But sometimes I used to put my nose on some other sections. And once I've read a post in Russian commenting a picture published by a lady that still is a friend of mine. Curious as I am Used the Google translator for seeing what the poster said. Seeing that the text was an insult I reacted immediately with a not very nice post in English. Less than a minute later I got a PM (private message) from the said lady asking me why I had written that, because the said post in Russian was a compliment and she furnished the right translation. Thanks God I've deleted my post, and after the said lady and I laughed a lot about the war that was avoided.

@LRM Sorry my friend, I know you like translators, but I hate them!
Cheers to both of you!
Trucla
If a guy is hungry, don't feed him! Just offer a fishing rod and teach him fishing!
Trucla
legend of the South Seas

Postby SENBEST » Tue, 16Jul26 06:50

Hi to all,

I'm 45, from Taiwan. My English is poor.

I found this site several years ago at that time I was looking for the game hint for Wendy.

I 'm glad to join this community.
SENBEST
Pilot fish

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions